WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionprograms won't open after computer sits idle (Vista) Emptyprograms won't open after computer sits idle (Vista)

more_horiz
Recently, I've been having several problems with my computer. The biggest problem being that after my computer sits idle for a while, programs fail to open and programs that were open (usually Internet Explorer) say "not responding" and won't close. I cannot Cntrl/Alt/Del to get to task manager. If i open a program like IE it will open a blank screen but never connect. The mouse spins but I get a "not responding" and sometimes it won't open anything at all. I am forced to shut down the computer by holding down the power button. When the computer restarts it works fine until I come back later and have the same problems again.

With this computer I have always had problems with my wireless connection. Like when the computer sits idle it will drop the connection and I will have to reconnect. Sometimes this doesn't work and I have to turn off then on the router to connect. This was something that started happening everytime the computer went to sleep, but somehow that has be resolved and it would only do this every now and then. I just dealt with it not know what the problem was. But, it is much worse now. Dropping the connection while I am using the internet, which it did not do this before. and, now, more often than not, reconnectin through the tool bar does not work and I have to restart the router or reboot to connect.

Also, I noticed that the on screen volume control keeps turning off. The volume works fine either from the toolbar or keyboard, but the on screen thing does not show the volume level.

After doing a little research on the internet, I checked my even viewer. An error (Source: WMI, Even ID: 10) is occurring before another error (Search) keeps showing up in the even viewer.

I post all of these problems hoping that they are related, knowing that the volume control thing is not a big issue. My main question is can you please help me with the "programs not opening" problem and any suggestions about the wireless connection problems would also be greatly apprecieated.

THANK YOU in advance for any help. Oh, and I just recently got help from this site cleaning up a virus or malware or something like that. All of these problems have come after that clean-up.

descriptionprograms won't open after computer sits idle (Vista) EmptyRe: programs won't open after computer sits idle (Vista)

more_horiz
...and i just noticed that my screen saver does not come on at all.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum