WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionHow many different families of operating systems exist in unix? EmptyHow many different families of operating systems exist in unix?

more_horiz
I know that Mac OS, Linux, Open Solaris, and BSD are related to Unix, are there any other operating systems that are based on or related to unix? Please don't not include variants of any of that already mentioned operating systems, such as FreeBSD, Or any Linux-based distros.

Also, is there any other family of operating systems separate from Unix?

Last edited by DragonMaster Jay on 25th July 2010, 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed signature.)

descriptionHow many different families of operating systems exist in unix? EmptyRe: How many different families of operating systems exist in unix?

more_horiz
TONS OF THEM. Big Grin

descriptionHow many different families of operating systems exist in unix? EmptyRe: How many different families of operating systems exist in unix?

more_horiz
I think there is too many to name. I'm currently running Ubuntu(Linux variant/breed). Ubuntu does pretty well. Are looking to install or learn more about them? Or just curious?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum