WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionIE auto start & Volume goes off by itself EmptyIE auto start & Volume goes off by itself

more_horiz
I've been having this problems on two things for weeks now and it's getting really annoying so I've decided to ask for some help here.

First is about the Internet Explorer. Once I start my laptop, Internet Explorer goes on by itself. I've been seeing multiple iexplorer.exe on my task manager even tho I never open it. Whenever I try to kill it using task manager or processxp or even hidetoolz, it just goes back again on the process list. I've remove IE 8 but when I restarted my laptop the old IE is there. I tried deleting the IE folder on drive C Program files but it keeps saying "Access Denied". I know it's running because it randomly shows advertisements and pop-ups most of the time. I tried opening IE myself but when I double clicked it or right click then hit Open, nothing is happening. The browser doesn't show up.

Second is about the volume controls. Sometimes the "Wave" level goes 0 by itself. It's as if someone is using my laptop other than myself. I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling my audio driver which is Real Tek but didn't solve anything.

I hope you could help me solve these problems. Thanks.

I've run MBRCheck.

MBRCheck, version 1.1.1

(c) 2010, AD

\\.\C: --> \\.\PhysicalDrive0

\\.\E: --> \\.\PhysicalDrive0

Size Device Name MBR Status

--------------------------------------------

111 GB \\.\PhysicalDrive0 Known-bad MBR code detected (Whistler / Black Internet)!

Found non-standard or infected MBR.

Enter 'Y' and hit ENTER for more options, or 'N' to exit:

Options:

[1] Dump the MBR of a physical disk to file.

[2] Restore the MBR of a physical disk with a standard boot code.

[3] Exit.

Enter your choice: Enter the physical disk number to fix (0-99, -1 to cancel): Available MBR codes:

[ 0] Default (Windows XP)

[ 1] Windows XP

[ 2] Windows Server 2003

[ 3] Windows Vista

[ 4] Windows 2008

[ 5] Windows 7

[-1] Cancel

Please select the MBR code to write to this drive:

Do you want to fix the MBR code? Type 'YES' and hit ENTER to continue: Successfully wrote new MBR code!

Please reboot your computer to complete the fix.

Done! Press ENTER to exit...

descriptionIE auto start & Volume goes off by itself EmptyRe: IE auto start & Volume goes off by itself

more_horiz
Hello, and welcome to GeekPolice.

Please note the following information about the malware forum:
  • Only Tech Officers, Global Moderators, Administrators, and Malware Advisors are allowed to give advice on removing malware from your computer.
  • From this point on, please do not make any more changes to your computer; such as install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc. - unless advised by the staff I noted above.
  • Please do not ask for help elsewhere (in this site or other sites). Doing so can result in system changes, which may not show up in the logs you post.
  • If you have already asked for help somewhere, please post the link to the topic you were helped.
  • We try our best to reply quickly, but for any reason we do not reply in two days, do one of two things:

Reply to this topic with the word BUMP, or
    see this topic.

• Lastly, keep in mind that we are volunteers, so you do not have to pay for malware removal. Persist in this topic until its close, and your computer is declared clean.

Run MBRCheck.exe
  • Run MBRCheck.exe
  • Wait until you see the following line: Enter 'Y' and hit ENTER for more options, or 'N' to exit:
  • Please push the 'Y' key and then press Enter
  • When program ask you Enter your choice: enter 2 and press the Enter key
  • Now the program will ask you "Enter the physical disk number to fix (0-99, -1 to cancel):"
  • Enter 0 and press the Enter key.
  • The program will show Available MBR codes:, followed by a list of operating systems. Please enter 1 for Windows XP, and then press Enter.
  • When asked Do you want to fix the MBR code? type in YES and press enter
  • Restart your PC.

Then, post a new MBRCheck log.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum