I have been able to remove my USB devices without problem until recently. I cant quite work out what it is that is causing the problem and i have had a few changes to settings on my pc but none that should affect the operation of the "Safe removal tool". (I dont think)

I insert the USB device and when i have finished i close the program i am working on off/Exit it. I then check task manager to see if my application is still running and it doesnt show on the Task Manager tab. Which must mean that it is closed off...(Right?). I then press on the icon on the tray (Safely remove hardware) and it says that it can not be stopped right now as a programme is still accessing it. It comes up with this exact message every time..regardless of what is on my USB flash drive ...(photos/office documents etc)

can you explain what might be causing this and help. At the moment i go to My COmputer and right click on the drive name and have to ask it to Eject this........but i am not convinced that this is the right way to do this and am worried it will affect the data on the drive.

Any help would be most appreciated.

THanks
Bring it on