WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionResidual Virus Problem EmptyResidual Virus Problem

more_horiz
Hi,

I got infected with the Malware Doctor virus, and followed the instructions to get rid of it from these forums using malware byte, but I think I am still having a few issues. First of all, occasional I get redirected to the wrong website (Running Firefox) with some adverts on it, secondly, spybot search and destroy still fins a file that blocks system restore in the registry, and every time I clear it it comes back.

AVG doesn't seem to find anything at the moment either, and I am nto sure what to do.

Thanks,

descriptionResidual Virus Problem EmptyRe: Residual Virus Problem

more_horiz
Hello and welcome to GeekPolice Forum!!
Please read this before posting:
http://www.GeekPolice.net/virus-spyware-malware-removal-f11/read-this-before-posting-t3821.htm

Then you need to open a new topic here:
http://www.GeekPolice.net/virus-spyware-malware-removal-f11/read-this-before-posting-t3821.htm
These guys will help you as soon as they can!!

............................................................................................

If we have helped you, Please consider helping us,  make a donation.

Helping fight malware. Residual Virus Problem Sac

more_horiz
I am trying to. I thought I had followed the directions completely in the Read Me sticky previously. Now I cannot even get online at all through my desktop. When I try to update Malwarebytes, I get "An error has occurred. Please report this error code to our support team. MBAM_ERROR_UPDATING (12007, 0 WinHttpSendRequest)" I am guessing that my connectivity issue is preventing the update. I had some time yesterday that it allowed me to go online, and I ran PC Pitstop Exterminate 2 which removed a number of virus/malware/spyware items, and I actually got back the toolbar with the green"Start" on the end. Now I am back to the gray toolbar with a rectangle button that has start on it.

more_horiz
Hey maha
I am sorry you can't get online with the infected machine. Do you have access to a machine that is accessable to the internet? if so post the first time with it and tell them what is going on, then the guys can help you get the infected machine online so you can get the infected machine cleaned out.
I can't give advice as I am still a student at the GeekPolice Academy so I am not qualified yet. You will be in good hands!!
Let me know how it goes.

............................................................................................

If we have helped you, Please consider helping us,  make a donation.

Helping fight malware. Residual Virus Problem Sac

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum