WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionReally odd problem with the internet. EmptyReally odd problem with the internet.

more_horiz
I'm very sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I was confused on whether I should put it here or the OS one, but anyway.

My internet connection says it's perfect, but as I browse through the internet and it doesn't matter what site it is, I sometimes run into something that says (firefox):

"Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

And it's starting to become more frequent. In order to see the website I had to keep refreshing a few times just to see whatever website I wanted to look at. I've restarted the computer twice. Yesterday, the internet was working fine. No problems. When I started it back up the next day my internet started to act like this. It isn't my router since every other computer in the house is working properly and isn't having the same problem as me. I tried to shut down my computer for a few minutes and I got a bluescreen error:

"ndis.sys - Address 88E3F977 base at 88E0E000, DateStamp 49e02080"

I've tried looking up the error on google, but nothing showed up. Things showed up for ndis.sys and I've been reading that it affects internet connection and it might have something to do with the LAN card? I tried restarting the computer afterwards but the blue screen didn't pop up again.

I'm sorry if this is very unclear Sad tearing I really don't know what's causing my internet problem. I don't think it's a virus. I'll try to explain if what I'm saying isn't making any sense.

descriptionReally odd problem with the internet. EmptyRe: Really odd problem with the internet.

more_horiz
Okay, it magically fixed itself too. Big Grin It lasted till the time I turned on the computer till now. I would like to still know how this problem happened though.

Edit: Finally found the root of the problem. It was my stupid router after all. XD; Thanks though.

descriptionReally odd problem with the internet. EmptyRe: Really odd problem with the internet.

more_horiz
Even the best of routers need to be reset / powered down from time to time. Thanks for letting us know.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum