WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionF.lux EmptyF.lux

more_horiz
F.lux 2010-010

What it is
Basically, F.lux is a tool that is designed to help your eyes while using your computer at night. At predetermined times, F.lux makes your screen turn a sepia tone, which helps relieves eye strain.

Pros:
-Runs on every desktop operating system. There are versions for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux (GNOME, KDE, XFCE, etc.).
-Super simple configuration. On Windows, you can run the installer, and F.lux configures all of the time settings for you.
-Screen temperatures (tints) are completely adjustable.
-Option to disable screen tinting for one hour
and most importantly...
-It works. The sepia tone on the screen is much easier on the eyes at night.

Cons:
-Automatic tinting gets annoying when you are working on something that requires crisp and accurate colors (such as gaming or image manipulation)

Bottom Line:
-If your eyes strain at night, or you just want easier reading, try out F.lux.

Rating: 9.5 out of 10. It does its job, and that's all you can ask from this program.

Download F.lux

descriptionF.lux EmptyRe: F.lux

more_horiz
Indeed. I have been using F.lux for about 1 year. It has substantially helped my eyes become resistant from the fluorescence of the LCD screen.

more_horiz
I've needed a program like this for ages, I just never knew that such a program existed. Thank you for enlightening me (and protecting my eyes) Honored

............................................................................................

more_horiz
Awesome. Gonna try this.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

F.lux Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum