WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionRemoved AV Security Suite but now can't get to web with IE  EmptyRemoved AV Security Suite but now can't get to web with IE

more_horiz
I followed your instructions word for word to remove the terribly annoying AV Security Suite malware and it worked! (thank you!) Now when I try to access the web through Internet Explorer, it says no connection. When I run a diagnostics check, it says it could be the firewall. I do have the firewall turned on but it hasn't changed from before. I can however access the web through Mozilla Firefox. Any advice how to fix the IE problem? It says:
CHECK THE FIREWALL SETTINGS FOR THE HTTP PORT (80). HTTPS PORT (443). AND FTP PORT (21)
THANK YOU

My IE problem is now solved. Just needed to go to Internet Options, Connections, Lan Settings and uncheck the box under Proxy Server. Thanks for your guides. They are very helpful. :)

Last edited by skilledbiker on 23rd June 2010, 7:00 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Problem solved)

descriptionRemoved AV Security Suite but now can't get to web with IE  EmptyRe: Removed AV Security Suite but now can't get to web with IE

more_horiz
Hello, and welcome to GeekPolice.

Please note the following information about the malware forum:
  • Only Tech Officers, Global Moderators, Administrators, and Malware Advisors are allowed to give advice on removing malware from your computer.
  • From this point on, please do not make any more changes to your computer; such as install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc. - unless advised by the staff I noted above.
  • Please do not ask for help elsewhere (in this site or other sites). Doing so can result in system changes, which may not show up in the logs you post.
  • If you have already asked for help somewhere, please post the link to the topic you were helped.
  • We try our best to reply quickly, but for any reason we do not reply in two days, do one of two things:

Reply to this topic with the word BUMP, or
    see this topic.

• Lastly, keep in mind that we are volunteers, so you do not have to pay for malware removal. Persist in this topic until its close, and your computer is declared clean.

Please visit this webpage for a tutorial on downloading and running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

See the area: Using ComboFix, and when done, post the log back here.

Note: if you cannot get it downloaded, transfer it from a clean computer on to the infection one via flash drive or CD.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum