WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionMy Ordeal With AV Security Suite - Malware EmptyMy Ordeal With AV Security Suite - Malware

more_horiz
Just joined and want to say thanks GeekPolice for such a helpful forum. A friend of mine just paid
Geek Squad at Best Buy $200 to get rid of this AV Security malware.

After getting the virus (is it actully a VIRUS?), I restarted in SAFE mode, paid $29 to download
a copy of Spyware Doctor from PCTools, unchecked the proxy thingy in LAN and bingo, ran the scan, it did the
trick.

Then, overnight when PC restarted, updated, etc. the AV malware came back, triggering another full
sytem scan from Spy Doctor, which claims to have nuked the nuisance (AGAIN).

At this moment I am not seeing it in system tray and able to browse the web (in full running mode),
but have a "feeling" I have not seen the last of this intruder.

descriptionMy Ordeal With AV Security Suite - Malware EmptyRe: My Ordeal With AV Security Suite - Malware

more_horiz
Hello.

Download OTL by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
My Ordeal With AV Security Suite - Malware DXwU4
My Ordeal With AV Security Suite - Malware VvYDg
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum