WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionHotspot Shield Disables Internet, Windows Xp EmptyHotspot Shield Disables Internet, Windows Xp

more_horiz
Recently i downloaded hotspot shield and while it was installing, my internet was disabling so i immediately shutdown my computer and now my computer's internet is not working. I have tried deleting the files the were downloaded to my computer and uninstalling anything hotspot shield installed but i still recieve no internet connection. Please help, i do not know what to do D:.

descriptionHotspot Shield Disables Internet, Windows Xp EmptyRe: Hotspot Shield Disables Internet, Windows Xp

more_horiz
Hi

Please read carefully and let me know if you have any questions.

Create a batch file:

Note: You will need to save any work before double clicking the fix.bat file because it will automatically restart your computer

• Please copy and paste the following text in the Code box exactly as written into notepad (not wordpad or any other text editor):

Code:

@echo off
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew
    ipconfig /flushdns
    netsh winsock reset all
    netsh int ip reset all
    shutdown -r -t 10
    del /f /q %0

• Once you've done that click on File and select Save As...
  • In the Save dialogue box click on the drop down menu next to Save as type and select All Files
  • Name the file fix.bat (the .bat extension is very important)
  • Save the file to your desktop and double click it to run it.
  • Once it runs it will automatically restart your computer
  • Once your computer boots again, check to see if your internet performance has improved

Please let me know how it went.

descriptionHotspot Shield Disables Internet, Windows Xp EmptyRe: Hotspot Shield Disables Internet, Windows Xp

more_horiz
hey Kenny94 , registered to say thank you ^_^

this worked for me
hotspot shield killed my internet connection after I uninstalled it
but your fix did the trick

please excuse the necrobump btw
after reading all over for a solution I found a LOT of people who had the same problem
p.s: if you're thinking to use hotspot shield, better not
there are better solutions out there that won't cripple your pc

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum