WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionMbam did not launch after finishing download EmptyMbam did not launch after finishing download

more_horiz
I made sure the 'launch program' box was checked as instructed for the Mbam download, because ever since I contracted the Antispyware Soft virus yesterday ALL applications have been frozen. That's my main plight.
What do I do now geeksters?

descriptionMbam did not launch after finishing download EmptyRe: Mbam did not launch after finishing download

more_horiz
Hi James,

Hello and welcome to GeekPolice.net.

My name is Crush but, you can call me Chris, and I will do my best to help get your problem resolved today.

I am currently a student in GeekPolice Academy, and will be a little delayed on each reply, as my instructors must review and approve each reply.

http://www.GeekPolice.net/virus-spyware-malware-removal-f11/do-you-want-to-learn-how-to-fight-malware-join-GeekPolice-academy-t17111.htm

If you have any questions, please ask, and I will do my best to get to the question promptly.

Please wait here, while I get the first set of instructions for you.

descriptionMbam did not launch after finishing download EmptyRe: Mbam did not launch after finishing download

more_horiz
where did you go?

more_horiz
Come back to me Crush - come back.

more_horiz
Hi jamesfickinbondbithch,

Please download and run this tool:

RKill by Grinler
Link #1
Link #2
Link #3

• Download Link #1.
  • Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click the RKill desktop icon.
    If you are using Vista please right click and run as Admin!
  • A black screen will briefly flash indicating a successful run.
  • If this does not occur please delete that application and download Link #2.
  • Continue process until the tool runs.
  • If the tool does not run from any of the links tell me about it.
This only kills the active infection, the actual infection will not be gone.
========

Once you've gotten one of them to run then try to immediately run the following:

• Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.

Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.

more_horiz
Hey Chris, I guess I successfully downloaded & ran Rkill. Like you said it's a real brief black window - how does it have time to do anything? Anyway, after that I tried to run Mbam, but my initial problems persist, all applications are frozen. What about restarting in Safe Mode with Networking, and then trying to run Mbam?

more_horiz
Hi.

Could you please browse to C:\RKill.txt and see if anything is there? If not, yes please boot into Safe Mode With Networking and try MBAM that way Smile...

more_horiz
Hello Chris, still have the Antispyware Soft blues, and I actually believe my computer is approaching death by Ethernet. When we spoke last, you wanted me to browse to C:\RKill.txt to find info. Do you mean type it in and hit Search? This is what I tried but nothing. I think my main problem is my computer's inability to start up in Safe Mode w/ Networking. This has been the case for at least a month before I contracted the current rogue. Was this symptom a precursor to the full-on attack? Just a guess. How should I proceed? Thanks Man.

more_horiz
Hey James,

Let me confer with the "behind the scenes" guys. I'll be back with a fix asap for you. Thanks for your patience Smile...

more_horiz
Hi James,

This might not be good. The infection seems to be getting worse over time but, let's see if this works:

First, please try and run RKill once more. Then, immediately after:

Please download ComboFix Mbam did not launch after finishing download Combofix from BleepingComputer.com

Alternate link: GeeksToGo.com

Rename ComboFix.exe to commy.exe before you save it to your Desktop
  • Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools A guide to do this can be found here
  • Click Start>Run then copy paste the following command into the Run box & click OK "%userprofile%\desktop\commy.exe" /stepdel
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console

Mbam did not launch after finishing download Query_RC
Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:
Mbam did not launch after finishing download RC_successful

• Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.
  • When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the contents of C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

more_horiz
Hey Chris, downloaded & renamed ComboFix before saving to desktop. Unfortunately, it's just another frozen asset - couldn't open it in order to paste that command you recommended.

more_horiz
Did you run RKill first?

more_horiz
Chris, yeh, ran RKill first, still no luck opening up commy.exe.

more_horiz
Hey James,

I'm conferring with the guys behind the scenes. I think I have an idea but we'll see Smile...

more_horiz
Hi,

Do you have access to another PC?
====

Please run Safeboot repair by sUBs:

http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/...otKeyRepair.exe

1. Close all programs/windows so that you have nothing open and are at your Desktop.
2. Double-click the SafeBootKeyRepair.exe file and allow it to run.

Let me know if you can boot into Safe Mode now.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum