WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionCan't remove Comodo? EmptyCan't remove Comodo?

more_horiz
Hey guys/gals I installed Comodo firewall and now i cant seem to get rid of it. When i try to uninstall it it gives me an error message. Telling me the package is incomplete. I tried to uninstall using revo and still no luck. Any ideas on how to get rid of it?

descriptionCan't remove Comodo? EmptyRe: Can't remove Comodo?

more_horiz
Hello,

I don't think Comodo has an official uninstall tool, but you can try this posted by a moderator at Comodo forums:

https://forums.comodo.com/install_setup_configuration_help/cleanup_tool_for_comodo_internet_security-t36499.0.html

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Can't remove Comodo? Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
A thing you could try is download the fresh install package, see if you can install it without problems and after that proceed to uninstall.

Do you want to share with us why you want to get rid of Comodo firewall? I think it is a very good product and recommend it to everyone.

more_horiz
It never ran properly on my system. I can't get it to install without errors. I finally got rid of it by the way thanks all for the help. I installed PC tools firewall instead.

more_horiz
Not sure if this will help, but it might...

Use Task Manager (or Process Explorer, or some other manager) to see what AS process/services/apps may be actively running. If any are, stop the process/service/app.

Go to Start/Run, type in "services.msc". Look for a Comodo Anti-Spam entry. If you find one, double-click to open, change startup type to "disabled." Apply. Ok.

Go to Start/Run, type in "msconfig". Go to Startup tab, look for a Comodo Anti-Spam entry. If you find one, un-check it. Apply. Ok.

Reboot Computer.

Try to uninstall again.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum