WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSystem(Vista) infected with Alpha Antivirus - Please help EmptySystem(Vista) infected with Alpha Antivirus - Please help

more_horiz
Hi I am running vista and now my system is infected with some kind of antivirus malware.

I cannot start any application. i keep getting pop up to buy the software (activate the antivirus software)

FYI, I cannot go to task manager, cannot run IE, firefox or any other application.

I am using this other system to seek help. PLEASE HELP!!!!

waiting for your response, please rescue me!!!1

FYI, when i click yes to the popups it takes me to -removed-
thanks
Nick

descriptionSystem(Vista) infected with Alpha Antivirus - Please help EmptyRe: System(Vista) infected with Alpha Antivirus - Please help

more_horiz
Download OTL by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
System(Vista) infected with Alpha Antivirus - Please help DXwU4
System(Vista) infected with Alpha Antivirus - Please help VvYDg

descriptionSystem(Vista) infected with Alpha Antivirus - Please help EmptyRe: System(Vista) infected with Alpha Antivirus - Please help

more_horiz
thanks I was able to get rid of the virus...i restarted the system and got to taskmanager at the restart and killed the process that was causing this. THen used malwarebytes software to run the scan get rid of the virus.

But now the issue is that my internet does not work in Chrome and IE. THough i can still use Firefox. Just wondering what could have happened.

May be i need to reinstall these browsers?

Thanks,
Nick

more_horiz
Hard to tell, use Firefox if you can.

............................................................................................

more_horiz
Thanks though!

more_horiz
Can you get the OTL log posted please?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum