WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSlow running laptop EmptySlow running laptop

more_horiz
Hello,

My name is Lynna and I am having a lot of problems with my Dell Inspiron E1505 laptop. I am running XP Home edition and I have completed a virus scan, I have run my CCleaner and my Malwarebytes Anti-Malware tool. But I am still having difficulties. I did receive notifications that updates were available from Microsoft, and I received a picture from my brother that I could not open and I have my husband download Winzip to open my brothers picture. It was during these times that I began having problems with my laptop.

I sure would appreciate any help to clean and enhance my computer.

Sincerely,
Lynna

descriptionSlow running laptop EmptyRe: Slow running laptop

more_horiz
Try running another virus scan from online:

http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/home.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym&plfid=21&pkj=JZWNQKZWCGZYFVHDYKD

This should make sure your virus free, not all virus/spyware programs detect certain infections.

Then let us know what happend!

............................................................................................

MiKeY

MCITP MCSE CompTia A+ Server+ Security+

more_horiz
Hello makxp77,

I completed the scan as you suggested and the scan results came back with zero infections. Do you have any other idea that I may try?

Lynna

more_horiz
Did you add any new games or programs ? Hit these three buttons at the same time to get the task manager, then go to performance and tell me what is your total memory and total peak numbers.

............................................................................................

MiKeY

MCITP MCSE CompTia A+ Server+ Security+

more_horiz
total memory and total peak numbers:

Physical M = 2095480
Kernel M =116328

Peake Number = 2095480

Thank yoou for your help.

Lynna

more_horiz
I forgot to tell you. The only program change was when my husband downloaded Winzip.

Lynna

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum