WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWindows 2000 Password EmptyWindows 2000 Password

more_horiz
Im not sure if this is the right forum for this so mods feel free to move it. I have an old computer that is still running 2000. I have not used it in like 5 years, but im sure i have some old drawings letters and adendums relating to my job on there someplace. the trouble is that when it boots up it asks me to change my password because the old one has expired. i cant change it because i cannot remember it. is there any way i can still access the files by skirting the password or something? thanks in advance!

descriptionWindows 2000 Password EmptyRe: Windows 2000 Password

more_horiz
Hello,

I don't think you can. But if you have another computer, you can take out the hard drive and connect it to another computer to retrieve the files.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Windows 2000 Password Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Is that something I can do myself? Ive never had one apart before.

more_horiz
Hello,

Yes it can be done. See this video to guide you along.

If need help, post here.

............................................................................................

more_horiz
Thank you very much Dr inferno! After removing the hard drive from my old machine ,i then install it in my current one is that the idea?

more_horiz
Yes. You will then be able to access the files.

more_horiz
What becomes of the hard drive that is on my current machine? I take it out put the old one in, retrieve my files then swap again? I'm sorry for all the questions, just don't want to mess up my machine.

more_horiz
Hello,

Nothing will happen. Your computer will simply detect the new hard drive.

I didn't mean swapping the hard drives, you should take the cables from the old computer and connect it to your main computer. You will have 2 hard drives inside, your computer will then boot from it's main original hard drive where you can boot into Windows and see the files.

If your computer can't detect the drive or boot, post here, we may need to change the jumper settings.

more_horiz
Thank you. I will give it a try.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum