WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionCannot remove Antivirus Suite malware - proving VERY stubborn EmptyCannot remove Antivirus Suite malware - proving VERY stubborn

more_horiz
Hi,

I have followed the advice from forums such as this (thank you all for trying to help folks like me), including booting-up in Safe Mode and using Malwarebytes to get rid of the problem, but the Antivirus Suite pop-ups always keep coming back. Searches with tools such as Avast, Sophos, PC Doctor, Antispyware, Malwarebytes just don't seem to find all of the infections, even though I believe I am using fully updated versions of the tools.

What might I be doing wrong? Could it be that scanning while in Safe Mode is not as effective? Also, should the 'quick scan' option be sufficient to detect all infections, or should I always [also] run full scans, just to be sure? I have always been running the full scans, which have taken several hours(!), depending on the software.

Finally, the computer is now taking about 7-10 minutes to boot-up normally, vs. much less time previously. It seems to be starting/loading-up many more programs when booting. What's the best way to trim this?

Thanks very much in advance for any help you can provide!
Loozn

descriptionCannot remove Antivirus Suite malware - proving VERY stubborn EmptyRe: Cannot remove Antivirus Suite malware - proving VERY stubborn

more_horiz
Moderated Message: Hello, your comment has been removed. Please do not post in another member's topic. If you need help, please read this over and click here to open a new topic.

descriptionCannot remove Antivirus Suite malware - proving VERY stubborn EmptyRe: Cannot remove Antivirus Suite malware - proving VERY stubborn

more_horiz
Download OTL by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Cannot remove Antivirus Suite malware - proving VERY stubborn DXwU4
Cannot remove Antivirus Suite malware - proving VERY stubborn VvYDg

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum