WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Total Vista Security and Antivirus Plus are killing me!

2 posters

descriptionTotal Vista Security and Antivirus Plus are killing me! - Page 2 EmptyRe: Total Vista Security and Antivirus Plus are killing me!

more_horiz
Not sure. Can Normal Mode boot now?

descriptionTotal Vista Security and Antivirus Plus are killing me! - Page 2 EmptyRe: Total Vista Security and Antivirus Plus are killing me!

more_horiz
Sorry it took me so long to respond. I assume I can run in normal mode, but the last time I tried, the virus re-installed itself on my system (presumably because it was still alive and well in the registry). Is it safe to take a chance now, or are there some other things we should try first?

more_horiz
Go ahead and let me know how it works.

more_horiz
Well, I booted in normal mode, and the virus did not reinstall itself! Unfortunately, the mbr log is still the same. Do you think it's safe at this point to either 1) Upgrade to Win7, or 2)Reinstall Vista from the partition on the drive, and then immediately upgrade?

Eiter way, here's the log:

Stealth MBR rootkit/Mebroot/Sinowal detector 0.3.7 by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net

device: opened successfully
user: MBR read successfully
kernel: MBR read successfully
user & kernel MBR OK
copy of MBR has been found in sector 1 !

more_horiz
Hold on.

Please open Command Prompt (Start > Run and type CMD and press OK [Vista/7: Start search: CMD and press enter])
Enter the following in to the black box, pressing enter after each line:

Code:

mbr.exe -f

exit

Post a log (MBR.log).

more_horiz
Unfortunately, those are exactly the steps I took. I just ran it again, and the log was the same. Is is safe to upgrade?

Stealth MBR rootkit/Mebroot/Sinowal detector 0.3.7 by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net

device: opened successfully
user: MBR read successfully
kernel: MBR read successfully
user & kernel MBR OK
copy of MBR has been found in sector 1 !

more_horiz
Go ahead.

more_horiz
Thanks a lot for your help, Dragonmaster! I really appreciate you taking the time! Thank You!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum