WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionHelp - Computer game problem EmptyHelp - Computer game problem

more_horiz
Hello
We have been playing a game on this computer for several months without any problems. However recently I have not been able to load the game to play. Here is what the game is doing: After download is complete I select play game, the microsoft game studios and blue fame games will play thru then it will show that the game is loading for about a second, then the screen will go blank and then return to my windows view (the view I see after computer bootup). I have tried several things to solve this problem without resolve does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this problem?

thanks

Jim

descriptionHelp - Computer game problem EmptyRe: Help - Computer game problem

more_horiz
i suggest you update your graphics card driver

more_horiz
Try and think about new programs that were installed/updated just before the problem began. Maybe some resident program is incompatible with your game.

more_horiz
also a good idea

more_horiz
I had recently been infected with a virus on this computer (antivirus soft), I had loaded Malware bytes Anti Malware to remove the virus from this comuter successfully removing the virus, could Malware be causing problems not allowing the game to play? (note: game played fine on this computer before infection)

Thank you

more_horiz
Hi,
it could be malware. But, did you try to reinstall game ?

............................................................................................

Help - Computer game problem V45u80

more_horiz
Yes I have uninstalled, then reinstalled the game thru add and remove programs as well as uninstall/reinstall that came with the disk.

Thanks for the reply

Jberky

more_horiz
Hi,
Does the game now works?

............................................................................................

more_horiz
No the game will not play. It will play the intro parts ( Microsoft game studios and blue fang games) then it shows that the game is loading for about a second, then the screen will then go black and then the game crashes (back to my windows screen),

This game played correctly on this computer, this is so weird.

thanks

jberky

more_horiz
Okay, i'll try to uninstall your game like it never exist on your machine. Than, you'll have free way to install it again.

Please download Revo Uninstaller Pro from HERE.

1. Save RevoUninProSetup.exe on your Desktop.
  2. Double click on RevoUninProSetup.exe file and install application.
  3. Run Revo Uninstaller Pro and follow next instructions:

• Click on Uninstall button near menu bar, see picture bellow
    Help - Computer game problem 34qr0v6
  • Find your game/application in the list.
  • Right click on it and select Uninstall from drop down menu.
  • New window will open.
  • Wait till Revo finish, than click on Scan button.
  • Now click on Select All button, and than click Delete.
Please do not restart your computer yet. Follow next steps:

1. If you closed Revo, run it again.
  2. Click on Junk Files Cleaner bellow Uninstaller near menu bar.
  3. New tab will open, than click on Scan button in menu bar.
  4. Wait a bit, than click on Delete button near Scan, also in menu bar.
  5. Now click on Windows Cleaner in left menu bar.
  6. Select this options - Clear the Regeit Last Opened Key History, Delete Windows Temporary Files, Delete crash memory dump files, Clear the Common Dialog Open/Save Recent History, Clear the Common Dialog Last Visited Folder History.
  7. Click on Clear button in menu bar.

Please restart your computer, and install your game again. Let me know the results.

more_horiz
Thanks for sending the above; however, after following the directions the game still will not play.

I have avg 9.0 on my computer, how can I disable it to see if it might be preventing the game to play?

thanks again

jberky

more_horiz
Hi, can you give me name of game ? Also, i need your Graphic Card name, you should reinstall driver.

About AVG 9 - See Article here

more_horiz
Thanks for the reply -

Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection - Do I need to reinstall the driver after Revo? I had loaded an update to the drivers earlier for this computer, however it didnot solve the problem. Will get you the graphic name on this computer - I took the game downstairs to are other computer,game played with no problems on the downstairs computer.

Thanks again

jberky

more_horiz
jberky wrote:
Do I need to reinstall the driver after Revo? I had loaded an update to the drivers earlier for this computer, however it didnot solve the problem. Will get you the graphic name on this computer - I took the game downstairs to are other computer,game played with no problems on the downstairs computer.

Thanks again

jberky

Hi,
No you don't have to reinstall driver. Most likely the problem is the graphic card or the operating system. Because you already reinstall driver and it didn't helps. I'll perform little scan.
Before scan, i have one question, do you have your Windows installation CD ?

more_horiz
OK, cheap game, no need to scan my files.

thanks for your help

jberky

more_horiz
Okay. As you wish. I'm here to help. If you have Win cd, we can perform scan of system files for errors in dll's. Which mean that - computer will scan your system looking for bad or corrupted files, and replace them with new and fresh ones.

But okay, tell us if you find solution. Thanks

more_horiz
OK
The kids want to play there game could you please tell me what you would like me to scan?

thanks

more_horiz
Heya,
  • Please insert Windows XP CD in your CD/DVD Drive.
  • Go to Start > Run > type "sfc /scannow" (without "") and press Enter or OK.
  • Wait till Windows check all your System files.
  • After checking please restart your computer.

more_horiz
OK -

I am trying to find the windows xp file, this computer was a hand me down, we are looking for the disc. Meanwhile I found this from Microsoft Zoo Complete Collection Readme File " Uninstalling this game will fail to remove expansion pack files from your hard drive and reinstalling will prevent you from being able to accesss Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection content".

Is this anything?

Thanks for your help

jberky

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum