WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

How do I fix damaged svchost.exe

4 posters

descriptionHow do I fix damaged svchost.exe - Page 1 EmptyRe: How do I fix damaged svchost.exe

more_horiz
Check out his result, as we have already tried this method:

http://www.GeekPolice.net/virus-spyware-malware-removal-f11/computer-is-freezing-up-and-running-slow-t18340-90.htm#124754

I would also suggest a topic move, so other tech advisors may assist.

descriptionHow do I fix damaged svchost.exe - Page 1 EmptyRe: How do I fix damaged svchost.exe

more_horiz
DNS Client (dnscache)

more_horiz
Hello.

Go to Start > Run. In the Run box, type in:

services.msc

Hit enter.
Now when the Service control window opens, scroll down the list to find "DNS Client".

Once found, double click on it to open another Window. There is a little drop down Window called "Startup Type", which is set to Automatic right now.
Drop that list down, change it to Disabled.

Press OK and reboot. Does your CPU still spike now?

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
How do I fix damaged svchost.exe - Page 1 DXwU4
How do I fix damaged svchost.exe - Page 1 VvYDg

more_horiz
I think that my of did the trick. Let me try it for a few days and I will let u know if anything changes. Now how do I stop this from happening again?
What antivrius, virus, and firewall programs do i need to help me from this happening again? I don't have a virus program or firewall.

more_horiz
Hello.
This wasn't malware, DNS Client is a legit service used by Windows that obviously decided to go crazy and hog the CPU. That's stopped now.

You aren't running Anti Virus Software

Please install Avira antivirus otherwise you won't be protected.

1) Antivir PersonalEditionClassic
-Free anti-virus software for Windows.
-Detects and removes more than 50,000 viruses. Free support.

It is strongly recommended that you run only one antivirus program at a time. Having more than one antivirus program active in memory uses additional resources and can result in program conflicts and false virus alerts.

............................................................................................

more_horiz
What program should i use for my firewall?

more_horiz
Which of these programs should i keep and delete?
AVP 2009
Ad-aware 6.0
Spybot Search and Destroy
Spyhunter
Superanitspyware Professional
Spyware Doctor
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

more_horiz
Hello.

I would recommend uninstalling the following:

Ad-aware 6.0
Spybot Search and Destroy
Spyhunter
Spyware Doctor

SAS and MBAM work well together and don't use many resources, so keep them.

more_horiz
can't install Antivir PersonalEditionClassic

How do I fix damaged svchost.exe - Page 1 28ujmli

more_horiz
need help!

more_horiz
Hello.
Okay then, lets try Avast.

http://www.avast.com/en-gb/index

more_horiz
What do I do when Avast expires in 30 days?

What is a good firewall to have cause i need one? thanks

more_horiz
We can try AVG if avast doesn't work out too well.

I recommend Online Armour for a good firewall.
https://www.online-armor.com/products-online-armor-free.php

more_horiz
The internet is still slow. It does open right up when i click on firefox but everything else is slow. Like when i type or scroll up and down it freezes. I don't have svchost.exe running at 100% no more which is a good thing. I think system idle process is suppose to be using at least 90 or higher for the computer and internet to run right but it isn't. System idle process runs 90% or higher but not all the time. It keeps switching back and forth every second. Sometimes System use 90% I don't know what to do. I will post a pic of task manager so u can what i am talk about system idle process not the man one using 90% or more of the computer.

more_horiz
Okay, post when ready.

more_horiz
How do I fix damaged svchost.exe - Page 1 53a6h5

more_horiz
Hello I need help please

more_horiz
Hello.
That screenshot only shows half the list, it might be worth opening a topic in the Operating Systems forum for this, not sure why System Idle Process is hogging the CPU too.

more_horiz
hey when i go to windows task manager then to process. What should i look for like what should be using the most computer usage so that my computer runs right without freezing up. Should system idle process be hogging the cpu or what should for my computer to run right? here is a pic of task manager and what is using most of the cpu.

more_horiz
How do I fix damaged svchost.exe - Page 1 Syqwia

more_horiz
Hello.
I see a process called PD4.exe using 30k memory, do you know what that is?

more_horiz
no i do not know what PD4.exe is

more_horiz
Okay, stop it and see if it helps, it is using 30k memory which may explain some slow downs.

more_horiz
The CPU in Task Manager is jumping all over the place. Not just one process is using 99% of the CPU it is a whole lot of different process like sometimes svchost.exe is using 99% or system idle process is using 99%. It jumps from different numbers every second to different process and it isn't always 99%. I will send some pics of what i am talking about and pics of what is using most of the computer's memory and maybe you can figure something out cause computer is slow and freezing.
Also the CPU Usage jumps all over the place ever second sometimes it is low at 2% then back up to 100% then to 50%. It goes back and forth the whole time.

more_horiz
see how CPU Usage is at 100% then in a second it will drop down to 2% then back up to 50% 0r 100% then back down. See the different process using CPU it changes all the time.
How do I fix damaged svchost.exe - Page 1 11b8chu

more_horiz
see what process are using the most memory usage in this pic.
How do I fix damaged svchost.exe - Page 1 1yu9sx

more_horiz
this pic is never the same it jumps around to different processes
How do I fix damaged svchost.exe - Page 1 34hv3sz

more_horiz
Do you have any idea why the internet is still slow and freezing up?

more_horiz
How do I fix damaged svchost.exe - Page 1 B3pjwx

more_horiz
Everything looks good there. How much RAM does this machine have?

more_horiz
480 MB of RAM

more_horiz
so my CPU jumping all over the place is fine foing from 2% to 100% to 45% that is fine you say.

more_horiz
The CPU going up on the System Idle Process is normal, my machine does it too, it doesn't lag my machine though because I have 2GB+ of RAM.

You should upgrade your RAM, it will help so much.

more_horiz
so upgrading my RAM is the only thing i can do to fix this problem. How do i upgrade my RAM?

more_horiz
See here for quick guide:
More: http://pcworld.com/article/129177/how_to_upgrade_your_pcs_ram.html

Also, video tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OULZH_CjOmg

more_horiz
Is there anything else i can try before installing RAM? Is there anything else i can try to help my computer and internet from being slow before i add more RAM?

more_horiz
How do I fix damaged svchost.exe - Page 1 Auxgnl

more_horiz
hello need help

more_horiz
Hello.
Not too sure what's causing this, it may be best posting in the OS area and see if the other techs have any other ideas.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum