WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionPersonal security trojan EmptyPersonal security trojan

more_horiz
My daughters Dell Latitude D600 laptop got a Trojan I think. It has XP Pro on it. It has the Personal Security software that disables everything unless you buy it for $180. I have tried the Malwarebytes, Anti-Malware and the Super Malware..... did not take it all off. I can only work the PC in save mode as either regular or administrator. The Malwarebytes, Anti-Malware removed like 240 things so I thought it was good. But when I start it in normal mode it gave me a DLL error and goes back to the personal security software error. :sad: Is there any other software to try in safe mode to fix this? Or do I need to wipe the drive and start over.

descriptionPersonal security trojan EmptyRe: Personal security trojan

more_horiz
Hello.

Download OTL by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Personal security trojan DXwU4
Personal security trojan VvYDg

more_horiz
I fixed it in safe mode using supermalwarebytes and ccleaner. I set the system restore to off and reinsatlled supermalwarebytes. Then ran ccleaner. Worked great.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum