WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionCreating Forum EmptyCreating Forum

more_horiz
I creating a website and that is going to be rotating team website. I want to have a forum in my website. also, that has a shout box area. I just know how to setup the forum; i have a forum script. I need like step by step instructions.

descriptionCreating Forum EmptyRe: Creating Forum

more_horiz
There are plenty of articles out there. Here's one using pbpBB:

http://www.learnwebdesignonline.com/setupforum/index.htm

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Creating Forum Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Well, there are many forum scripts out there. Some good free ones are phpBB or SMF. Both of these come with documentation of step-by-step instructions. Installing a forum is easy though, if you are hosting it off your computer (using WAMP or XAMPP for windows) then you will just put the forum files in the htdocs directory and make a new MySQL database and then edit the config.php file in the forums files and change the user, pass, db name, and dbhost to your MySQL information. Then just run the install.php file to install phpBB, it is very simple and they try and make it as fast and easy as possible. If you want to see someone do it, then just goto Google or YouTube and search it. It's not hard to find.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum