WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionFirefox works sometimes, Internet Explorer not at all EmptyFirefox works sometimes, Internet Explorer not at all

more_horiz
Last week Belahzur helped me get rid of some malware. (Help!!)

However, at one point my daughter got inpatient and reset Internet Explorer (help -- internet options -- advanced -- reset).

Now when I try to open Internet Explorer the page cannot be displayed. The most likely causes are: *You are not connected to the Internet. *The website is encountering problems. *There might be a typing error in the address. I tried typing several different websites into the browser bar all with the same result. Also, I'm connected to the internet, as I can surf using firefox.

Not sure if it's related but I keep getting an intermittent network cable disconnected. I have satellite internet service. The modem lights are all lit appropriately. I even replaced the ethernet cable, but nothing seems to make a difference. I can't verify my satellite ISP stuff because I can't open IE, and they don't work with firefox.

Thank you for any help/advice you can offer.

descriptionFirefox works sometimes, Internet Explorer not at all EmptyRe: Firefox works sometimes, Internet Explorer not at all

more_horiz
Hello,

Please start Internet Explorer, and when the program is open, click on the Tools menu and then select Internet Options.

• Now click on the Connections tab and then the Lan Settings button
  • Under the Proxy Server section, please uncheck the checkbox labeled Use a proxy server for your LAN.
  • Click the OK button to close this screen. Then press the Apply button and then the OK button to close the Internet Options screen. Now that you have disabled the proxy server you will be able to browse the web again with Internet Explorer.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Firefox works sometimes, Internet Explorer not at all Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionFirefox works sometimes, Internet Explorer not at all EmptyRe: Firefox works sometimes, Internet Explorer not at all

more_horiz
That was way too easy!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum