WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionnew laptop which anitvirus/spyware &firewall is best? Emptynew laptop which anitvirus/spyware &firewall is best?

more_horiz
hello all,
Just bought a new Dell inspirion 15 with windows 7 home OS, currently using the Mcafee for the 30 days free.
I need recommendations to which is the best FREE download for antivirus, spyware and firewall. I use to use ZoneAlarm on my desktop but it slowed everything down. and do not like norton or mcafee since they take up too much memory and have been known to be hacked into.
thanx
Gina

descriptionnew laptop which anitvirus/spyware &firewall is best? EmptyRe: new laptop which anitvirus/spyware &firewall is best?

more_horiz
I don't like or recommend ZA to anyone, they made a bad name for themself when they signed the deal with Ask Toolbar.

ZA is kinda heavy on the system too.

As for AV, I like Avira. It's nowhere near what Norton is in terms of how much resources it uses, and has good detection ratings.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
new laptop which anitvirus/spyware &firewall is best? DXwU4
new laptop which anitvirus/spyware &firewall is best? VvYDg

descriptionnew laptop which anitvirus/spyware &firewall is best? EmptyRe: new laptop which anitvirus/spyware &firewall is best?

more_horiz
is avira have a firewall too? i think i will use malwarebytes for spyware unless you have other reccos.

more_horiz
No, Avira is just an antivirus, but there are better firewalls than ZA. Online Armour for example.

Online Armor Firewall

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
new laptop which anitvirus/spyware &firewall is best? DXwU4
new laptop which anitvirus/spyware &firewall is best? VvYDg

more_horiz
Online Armor is a great firewall, very good are also PCtools and Comodo.

This might help you decide to find out which is the safest. Which doesn´t quite make it the bets, because customer friendliness is not tested (Online Armor does very wel here).

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum