WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionCan access any site except mcafee EmptyCan access any site except mcafee

more_horiz
I just bought a HP nc8000, and I can connect to any website except for McAfee in order to download the security center. I am using its built in Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet connector and it is being routed through a broadband modem if that helps.

descriptionCan access any site except mcafee EmptyRe: Can access any site except mcafee

more_horiz
kurohyoo wrote:
I just bought a HP nc8000, and I can connect to any website except for McAfee in order to download the security center. I am using its built in Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet connector and it is being routed through a broadband modem if that helps.

Check and see if you can access any anti-virus website and make sure your current virus database includes Conficker and all the hybrids of it. As I think this is a symptom of virus infection with a virus of this nature (being unable to auto-update and reach any anti-virus websites). You should also check to see if your firewall has been turned off (even if you didn't turn it off). These viruses do this as well.

............................................................................................

MiKeY

MCITP MCSE CompTia A+ Server+ Security+

descriptionCan access any site except mcafee EmptyRe: Can access any site except mcafee

more_horiz
No, I cannot access any antivirus sites. The firewall is turned on. I don't know how to check the virus database. I'm a beginner with no experience so I might need extra help.

more_horiz
Hello, I would recommend you to post a new topic in the Virus, Spyware & Malware Removal section to get this checked.

............................................................................................

more_horiz
I agree, I see MALWARE infections associated this with this issue now that you say you cannot access any sites!

MiKeY

MCITP MCSE CompTia A+ Server+ Security+

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum