WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionOil Cooled Computer EmptyOil Cooled Computer

more_horiz
I was wondering if a oil cooled computer actually worked. If so how good does it work, does it actually help cool your pc, and can it ruin your hardware on your computer? Please provide links on the subject if possible. Thanks!

descriptionOil Cooled Computer EmptyRe: Oil Cooled Computer

more_horiz
Actually, it is a special type of paste that is placed on your hardware, in order to chemically inhibit heat from bothering the device. It has been used for several years, and is fully safe.

more_horiz
Oil cool, do you mean liquid cooling? Or the thermal paste Dragon mentioned?

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Oil Cooled Computer Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
no he means cooking oil
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/strip-fans,1203.html << Smile...
nice n cheap to do hehe

more_horiz
Give me a break. That's ridiculous.

more_horiz
works tho, although i imagine the person who first tried it was either incredibly dumb, rich or clever....

more_horiz
I doubt it. Cooking oil has a reverse bonding agent, which is different than what the radiator can handle. By the time it passes through the radiator, which is the cooling facility to transfer heat away from a piece of hardware, it will have already demised, which would be a complete waste of oil.

What is needed is oil that is particularly required for a certain radiator for the machine.

more_horiz
I'm having trouble wondering where the heat goes to.

............................................................................................

more_horiz
i think they also mention on that site u can run water cooling through the oil to cool the oil.........

Oil Cooled Computer Ama_210

more_horiz
Uhh...I doubt water is going to bond correctly with oil. Never has.

So, it is doubtful that water will go through oil. Maybe over top of it, or below it, but certainly not through it.

It is just basic chemistry.

more_horiz
no i mean like how you do water cooling on a pc with tubes and special heatsinks and stuff run tubes around the inside in the oil to take heat away......
the oil is literaly just poured into the pc so everything bar power suplly n that sorta stuff is submerged...

Oil Cooled Computer Ama_210

more_horiz
Not very practical though, I would rather have liquid cooling with cool UV lights, instead of oil all over my system unit. What if I ever need to change a hardware? It's gonna get messy. Ahahaha

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum