WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionre-install ? Emptyre-install ?

more_horiz
after downloading from microsoft site,some upgrades then restarting for these upgrades to kick in the comp wouldn't start,safe mode any mode it wouldn't boot up.I tried to use the original WIN XP disc to help with recovery,im not high up with computers but i tried the recovery and didn't get anywere,so i took a chance and re-installed WIN XP the computer has booted up and works but i have lost my desktop icons and seem to have difficullty in finding some of my saved files,would thus be an irreversable sinareo to be in or can i try to find what i think is lost.I do think that the cause of all this is down to an infection and i'm going to try and find it if there is one My desktop is bare at the moment and i had to re-load my internet connection e-mail client etc a little help and assurance would go a long long way
thanking humesoever aum98 :

descriptionre-install ? EmptyRe: re-install ?

more_horiz
if you did a re-install not a repair all your data is lost

descriptionre-install ? Emptyre-install

more_horiz
as i thought :sweetride: but maybe just maybe i am hopeing only because when i looked in the drive which held some of the files ie- iused HP photosmart it brought over 2000 file photo's up all had the cluster and cluster no some photo's even were eligble some were blank and some were just half showing is it possible that these files could be retreived if so what programn could i be looking at for recovery.I may add that the re-installed win xp did get installed on another drive one of 4 out of my hard drive the original copy is still there some how but does'nt boot up i mean when win kicks in it has shown
microsoft win xp
microsoft recovery console
microsoft win default clicking on win xp opens but clicking on microsoft default just gives the the same problem which caused me to re-install instead of repair this is still the case for the win default i know this all looks a mess but then have we got a challenge on or is it going to be a no brainer?

descriptionre-install ? EmptyRe: re-install ?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum