WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionQuestion about restore points EmptyQuestion about restore points

more_horiz
So recently I managed to FINALLY remove the anti virus pro 2010 trojan off my computer. What a nightmare. Anyways, I was wondering on how to take precautions so that this never happens again, as I download alot of music and videos. I just created a restore point manually, and I was just wondering, what exactly do they do? If I get a trojan again, and I restore it to it's previous state, this means I basically never have to worry about a trojan as long as I have a restore point?

descriptionQuestion about restore points EmptyRe: Question about restore points

more_horiz
Hello,

Restore points do not protect you. In fact, it is common that most malware infect restore points. Restore points give you the option to restore your computer to a point where the computer is functioning properly in the case of some system files getting messed up. This might not always work when you get infected, the trojan you got infected with is probably still there.

Read this informative article by DragonMaster Jay on
Preventing malware, and being resistant to the dangers of the Internet.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Question about restore points Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Oh, it's not that I used the restore point to get rid of the trojan. DragonMaster Jay helped me out with combofix. I guess I should look into buying an external hard drive then.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum