WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWeary of Fighting Viruses/Trojans EmptyWeary of Fighting Viruses/Trojans

more_horiz
I've had computers for many, many years. I have a desktop, a laptop, and a couple of android phones... I just can't live without my communication devices. I'm not an expert on any device, but I like to say "I know enough to be dangerous." That said, I'm completely frustrated today. A few weeks back, my desktop got infected with trojan fake.alert. I was able to get rid of it, but not until after I purchased copy of Spyware Doctor. Ok, no biggie... I was happy to have the trojan gone. I then made sure my antivirus was up-to-date and scheduled my av and spyware doctor to run a scan evey night after I went to bed (yeah, I know... overkill). Although my laptop was not affected, I made sure it was up-to-date as well.

The last few days I've been laid up after having foot surgery. Obviously, my laptop has been a real blessing during my couch potato time. However, today, my laptop got hit with a virus (nuqel.e) that had very similar characteristics as my desktop problem the previous week. I had trouble doing anything at all and nȯne of my av or spyware doc programs worked. One minute I was checking email and surfing the web, and the next, my laptop screen was covered with fake warnings that I had a virus and nothing worked. I went to my desktop computer, which I hadn't touched in days due to being a couch potato, and it was also infected... again!

I don't understand how my computers can be infected so easily. I have cable internet access, a router, secure wireless, antivirus software running, spyware doctor running, and I don't go to risky websites or open mail from unknown sources. I've been using computers for years and have not had this many problems in all that time. If this virus/trojan/whatever can turn off all the security I put in place, what's the sense of having any of it? Am I going to be battling this problem every week now? I'm really, really frustrated! Oh, and yes, I've tried posting a hijack this log to several different websites to get some help... make sure there's nothing there that I'm missing.... but the sites are so busy I never get any input from anyone (I've posted to TechGuy Forum and Trend Micro... haven't posted here yet and if I did, would it even get read?!).

I've read a lot of posts on this site and it seems that A LOT of people are having the same problem with these fake virus alerts. What's going on??!

descriptionWeary of Fighting Viruses/Trojans EmptyRe: Weary of Fighting Viruses/Trojans

more_horiz
Hello,

You probably have the droppper of the malware, which is why it keeps coming back. If you want to get help fast, you can post a log in our forums, we get to our members much quicker than other sites, usually within 24 hours. It may take up to 2 week to never at other sites.

Also, the most common ways of infection are through p2p, torrents and adult sites. The fake anti-malware program creators earn dirty money by forcing desperate victims into purchasing their software.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Weary of Fighting Viruses/Trojans Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionWeary of Fighting Viruses/Trojans EmptyRe: Weary of Fighting Viruses/Trojans

more_horiz
Thank you for replying Doctor Inferno! I've posted a HJT log in the proper area (I think). Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum