I recently downloaded Poker Superstars III from Shockwave.com. When I tried to launch the game, an error message came up reading "Keyhole DRM application has stopped working". When I e-mailed customer support, they suggested I should try these two fixes:

1) Right-click on the game's icon and choose "Properties". Select the Compatibility tab and check the box which reads "Run this program in compatibility mode for". From the drop down menu, select "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)") or Windows 98. Also, check the box marked "run as administrator". Once this is done, attempt to launch your game again and see if you receive the same error message.
The change to the application's properties must be done while logged in as an administrative user.
Result: When I tried this, the program would not let me check the "run as administrator" box and still got the same message.

2)This error message may also be caused by a corrupt or outdated version of DirectX. You may need to reinstall your DirectX.
Result: I reinstalled it, but still got the message.

After researching the problem further, I found a Microsoft help site that said it might work if you uninstalled DirectX and the Shockwave player then reinstall them again, but it still isn't working. I uninstalled both programs again because I really don't know what to do anymore. Any suggestions or other types of help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...