WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionInternet cuts during phone calls, and only starts working when phone call ends EmptyInternet cuts during phone calls, and only starts working when phone call ends

more_horiz
Internet works otherwise used to cut out a lot but thanks to you guys, that problem is fixed, but it still cuts out when phone rings. I do have broadband and these problems didn't used to happen. I moved the router from upstairs to downstairs and got a mac, and then these problems started any help is appreciated thanks in advance

descriptionInternet cuts during phone calls, and only starts working when phone call ends EmptyRe: Internet cuts during phone calls, and only starts working when phone call ends

more_horiz
Its a problem with your inside wiring or something attached to your inside wiring. I assum this is DSL right? do you have filters on everything? Are you using Vonage or Magic jack?

Try unplugging all your phones if you have dish unplug the recievers too. then with everything unpluged call you number and see if the internet drops you can usually just watch the DSL modem, the DSL light will go from green to red. if it doenst drop plug each device back in one at a time, call and watch the DSL modem when it drops you found the device interfering with the DSL.

Do you have an alarm? sometimes they can cause problems with DSL also.

If all this fails I would get a DSL POTS splitter and run a seperate line for the DSL modem, something like this
http://cgi.ebay.com/DSL-POTS-SPLITTER_W0QQitemZ150410954585QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPCC_Modems?hash=item2305310759

descriptionInternet cuts during phone calls, and only starts working when phone call ends EmptyRe: Internet cuts during phone calls, and only starts working when phone call ends

more_horiz
I am on sky broadband, with a netgear dg834gt router in UK. No alarm but since moving router from upstairs to downstairs, even getting an extension to go to the same socket as before, there still seems to be interference. Would you still think its wiring in house or possibly something else?

more_horiz
Ok sky broadband is wireless broadband right? doesnt come from the phone lines.

Are you using Sky for phone service also? if so I would give them a call it sounds like there is a problem with there system

Last edited by sweetride98 on 8th February 2010, 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
wireless broadband, but connected to phone line, phone is through sky as well

more_horiz
If I understand correctly the only reasion it is pluged into the wall is to activate the inside wiring of your house. try unplugging the phone from the wall and plug a phone directly into the phone jack of the sky device, make a phone call and see if you still loose internet.

more_horiz
what do you mean by sky device

more_horiz
The equipment that sky broadband installed. is there a phone jack on the router?
im not familiar how there equipment is installed. There mey be a seperate phone ATA or it is built into the router

more_horiz
There is a phone jack on the router

more_horiz
Have you tired pluging a phone into that jack? is there dial tone? if so see if you still have the same problem.

more_horiz
I'm guessing that your phone is a wireless DECT system, if so try changing the channel used by the phone base station to link with the handset or change the channel used by your router. I think that your phone is causing excessive interference of your wi fi signal. Of course this only occurs when the phone is in use.

Best of luck :smile2:

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum