WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWhich version of windows 7 do I use EmptyWhich version of windows 7 do I use

more_horiz
I have the Windows 7 ultimate RC version that is going to expire soon, which disc do I buy to reinstall windows 7, can I use the windows home premium upgrade and do a clean install or do I have to buy the more expensive disc (full edition) to have a good copy on my PC?

descriptionWhich version of windows 7 do I use EmptyRe: Which version of windows 7 do I use

more_horiz
Below is an email recieved from Microsoft when the RC was realeased.
Please note: All users of the Windows 7 Release Candidate (including Windows Vista users who have upgraded to the Release Candidate) must do a clean installation of Windows 7 RTM. Please keep this is mind as you consider downloading the Release Candidate as opposed to waiting for the general availability release.

Thanks again for your help in reaching this important milestone. We hope that you will join us in testing the RC and finishing Windows 7!

As far as I know nothing has changed so you would need to do a clean install as I see it. This would mean buying a full copy of Windows 7 and not just an upgrade package.

descriptionWhich version of windows 7 do I use Emptythanks

more_horiz
That is what I suspected but Wasn't quite sure.
I will get the full edition.

Thanks.

descriptionWhich version of windows 7 do I use EmptyRe: Which version of windows 7 do I use

more_horiz
Not a problem Smile...

more_horiz
Here is a link describing what you need to do in order to to an upgrade from an windows 7 RC

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/07/29/how-to-direct-in-place-upgrade-windows-7-beta-or-rc-prerelease-version-to-windows-7-rtm/

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum