WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionUnknown Ethernet Controller, CPI EmptyUnknown Ethernet Controller, CPI

more_horiz
Hi,
my brother reformatted my PC, and after the reformat, internet can't be detect.
Neither modem is detected nor connection is available. When i looked at the device manager, there are few unknown devices - Ethernet controller, pci devide, sm bus controller, video controller and unknown device.
When i try to install the devices, it said drivers are needed - but apparently i don't know what/which driver is it.

I am using internet modem, and a router - so my laptop can still used the wireless internet, but not my PC eventhough it is directly connected.

I'm using XP, SP2, with ASUS motherboard.
Hope someone can help me, really appreciate the help !

thanks ..

descriptionUnknown Ethernet Controller, CPI EmptyRe: Unknown Ethernet Controller, CPI

more_horiz
Do you know what the model number is for your motherboard?

Either take of the side and have a look at your motherboard as it's normally printed on there.
Or download [url]http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloadget.php?id=4181&file=15&evp=0da1e17dee7b6e8a3cc13fc5b7062019]Everest 2.0[/url], once installed run and select the motherboard tab - model number should be on there.

Also is this an onboard LAN (ethernet) port or have you installed a LAN card at some point.

descriptionUnknown Ethernet Controller, CPI EmptyRe: Unknown Ethernet Controller, CPI

more_horiz
if the Ethernet controller is built in to the motherboard try looking on the asus website

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum