WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionOutlook allows incoming mail but not out going? Please help! EmptyOutlook allows incoming mail but not out going? Please help!

more_horiz
Task mail.comcast.net-sending & receiving reported error (0x800CCC78):
unable to send the message. Please verify the e-mail address in your account
properites. The server responded: ????????

The nest time I sent the message the same message but the last line said the server responded: 550 5.1.0 Authentication required' Not sure but maybe this has something connected to the fire wall?

descriptionOutlook allows incoming mail but not out going? Please help! EmptyRe: Outlook allows incoming mail but not out going? Please help!

more_horiz
are you using this at you home? is this a new configuration?

go here and make sure your configuration is correct

http://customer.comcast.com/Pages/FAQViewer.aspx?seoid=Setting-up-Outlook-2003&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

descriptionOutlook allows incoming mail but not out going? Please help! EmptyXP last?

more_horiz
I had done all this before(more than once). I have set this up before, I then got internet security 2010 virus. I had to start all over by wiping H.D. I'm wondering if the XP last version needs to be verified authentic for Outlook to work properly?

descriptionOutlook allows incoming mail but not out going? Please help! EmptyRe: Outlook allows incoming mail but not out going? Please help!

more_horiz
if your XP is not authentic microsoft wont allow you to download security updates, It shouldnt have anything to do with Outlook sending or recieving e-mail. most likley its a configuration problem, make sure your port settings are correct and you have the ssl check boxes right if they need to be checked, if all else fails call comcast tech support. there is usually a wait but they will work with you untill it is working.

more_horiz
bigfatorangecat wrote:
I had done all this before(more than once). I have set this up before, I then got internet security 2010 virus. I had to start all over by wiping H.D. I'm wondering if the XP last version needs to be verified authentic for Outlook to work properly?

You should always use a legit copy of Windows due to the security issues and needed patches\updates you can get through Ms Update, though authentication for Windows and Office 2003 have nothing to do with each other!

............................................................................................

MiKeY

MCITP MCSE CompTia A+ Server+ Security+

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum