WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptioninstall windows XP on a compaq presario Emptyinstall windows XP on a compaq presario

more_horiz
Hello all,

So i am having an issue with a older laptop hard drive failed (actually i dropped it ) so i bought a new one
but i am unable to install windows XP pro on it
i formated the drive it does the windows copying files and reboots it tells me it has 38 min to install, as it is going through that i get a popup error device installer error: something about the battery and to contact the hardware vender, then it gives the same error about the cdrom and about the disk drive.

once i click ok to them it countinues and gets me to set the time once it finishes and then reboots it goes into a reboot loop

asking how i want to start the system IE safe mode......

I don't have the recovery disks that came with the system but there has to be a way to instal without them

descriptioninstall windows XP on a compaq presario EmptyRe: install windows XP on a compaq presario

more_horiz
if you droped it check the ram, try reseating them sometime a bad memory module or bad connection can cause sporatic errors
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum