WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionhave downloaded malwarebyte but it wont open! Emptyhave downloaded malwarebyte but it wont open!

more_horiz
If I try to run it i just get the hour glass for a few seconds. I am infected with the malware defense virus -please help!

descriptionhave downloaded malwarebyte but it wont open! EmptyRe: have downloaded malwarebyte but it wont open!

more_horiz
  1. As this infection deletes a core executable of Malwarebytes' we will need to download a new copy of it and put it in the C:\program files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\ folder. To download the file please click on the following link: Malwarebytes' RANDOM - EXE Download

When your browser prompts you where to save it to, please save it to the C:\program files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\ folder. When downloading the file, it will have a random filename. Please leave the filename the way it is as it is important that it is not changed. You may want to write down the name of the file as you will need to know the name in the next step.
  2. Once the file has been downloaded, open the C:\program files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\ folder and double-click on the file you downloaded in step 8. MBAM will now start and you will be at the main program screen.

descriptionhave downloaded malwarebyte but it wont open! EmptyRe: have downloaded malwarebyte but it wont open!

more_horiz
i get a error code 707 (3,0) when i try to run the file from your link - i use mozilla does that matter?

more_horiz
Moderated Message: Hello, your comment has been removed. Please do not post in another member's topic. If you need help, please read this over and click here to open a new topic.

more_horiz
ok i am a novice - downloaded the program - how do i change the executable??

more_horiz
1. When downloading, do not open the file. Just Save it to your Desktop.

2. Go to C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

3. Locate mbam.exe, the file, and delete it (if present).

4. Drag the random MBAM download from the Desktop and drop it in to the C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder.

5. Double-click on the random file, and it shall launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum