WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionInternet Security 2010 virus - How It got us EmptyInternet Security 2010 virus - How It got us

more_horiz
The IS2010 virus was introduced to our PC's twice in the last few days from an email from ""UPS Manager Lloyd Bonds".
The email stated that "they" could not deliver the parcel and asked us to pick it up from the Post Office. (Blame Mother and daughter for their curiosity).
For us to pick up the parcel, they attached a zipped file for "invoice and shipping label"
Bingo! - Open that and receive "YOUR SYSTEM IS INFECTED ETC". - in BIG BOLD letters in the middle of the screen.
Then of course the good samaritan acts started - pop up after pop up of "YOU ARE INFECTED BUT WE WILL SAVE YOU! Just send us $49.95!!

What we did not know at the time, was that everytime we pressed ANY button, the virus became more and more entrenched, changed our browser settings and eventually shut the system shut down - the 'Blue Screen of Death"

So.... any idea how to get back online and fix this curse?

Any help will be appreciated. I have the URL's for Superantispyware and Malwarebites, but how the heck does one load them into a PC when it will not even boot up in safe mode?

If I do put these programs on a CD and install them that way, will it kill All of traces of this program? I am now too scared to go near the machines!

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Someone is raking in millions from this scam - and I suspect the IT Industry techs secretly do like it. At around $100 per fix, why not?

Cheers to all
Nallak

Last edited by nallak on 20th January 2010, 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionInternet Security 2010 virus - How It got us EmptyRe: Internet Security 2010 virus - How It got us

more_horiz
Hello.
Are you still able to boot normally?

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Internet Security 2010 virus - How It got us DXwU4
Internet Security 2010 virus - How It got us VvYDg

descriptionInternet Security 2010 virus - How It got us EmptyRe: Internet Security 2010 virus - How It got us

more_horiz
Yes, after it displays the INTEL logo and the BIOS F2 Key. However, all internet settings have been changed. The screen is deep green on one of the machines.
Nallak

more_horiz
Hello.
If there is no internet connection, please transfer programs over from another machine via USB.

Please download the current version of HijackThis from HERE

• Double click and run the installer.
  • It will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\hijackthis.exe
  • After installing, you should get the user agreement, press accept and Hijack This will run.
  • Select Do a system scan and save a log file. This will open a notepad file of everything Hijack This found, copy and paste it back here.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Internet Security 2010 virus - How It got us DXwU4
Internet Security 2010 virus - How It got us VvYDg

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum