WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionIE8 error upon opening also PC runs slow EmptyIE8 error upon opening also PC runs slow

more_horiz
HI - I have a Dell Inspriron 6000, windows XP laptop. My son had it for a while and brought it to me with it barely running. I ran several spyware detection/cleaning apps including spy-bot, ad-aware and super anti-spyware. it cleaned a lot of things out. I then performed many required updates, including IE8. Now, just about every time IE8 opens, i get an error msg that it did not close properly the last time. Do i want to go to home pg or restore previous session. Either way, sometime it starts after that, sometimes i have to go thru opening several times. I've done all the windows updates, even a suggested microsoft 'fixit' program. It still does it. Any help would be appreciate. Thanks!

descriptionIE8 error upon opening also PC runs slow EmptyRe: IE8 error upon opening also PC runs slow

more_horiz
What virus protection program are you running?
right click on the IE icon on the start menu choose browse without add-ins
if it opens fine that way you have a add-in that is causing the problems

here is a good link for troubleshooting Add-ins in IE8

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/3892/manage-and-troubleshoot-addons-in-internet-explorer-8/

descriptionIE8 error upon opening also PC runs slow EmptyRe: IE8 error upon opening also PC runs slow

more_horiz
Hi, thanks for the response. I'm running McAfee - it comes free with Comcast. I have it on all my PCs, and this does not happen on them. I'll work with the addons and let you know how it turns out.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum