WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptioniPhone/router problem EmptyiPhone/router problem

more_horiz
Hi guys, I'm pretty new on here but really hope someone can give me some advice. I am unable to connect to the internet with my iphone via wi-fi using my Sweex router. My phone shows up in the client list on the router, and my phone shows that I am connected to the network, but when I try to surf the web nothing happens. My attempts appear to be being blocked at the router,although I have no idea what these messages mean. This is a sample of the log:

12 January 2010 16:26:42 Associated: 64-B9-E8-45-C4-D9 st=0
12 January 2010 16:27:07 Disassociated: 64-B9-E8-45-C4-D9
12 January 2010 16:27:15 Unrecognized attempt blocked from 222.208.183.218:12200 to 80.7.201.42 TCP:8000
12 January 2010 16:27:31 Unrecognized attempt blocked from 222.208.183.218:12200 to 80.7.201.42 TCP:8080
12 January 2010 16:27:47 Unrecognized attempt blocked from 222.208.183.218:12200 to 80.7.201.42 TCP:1080

I use WEP encryption and turning it off didn't make any difference. I have done `forget network' and `reset network settings' on the phone several times.
I have no problems connecting my laptop through the router. The wifi on my phone works with the wifi at my office but not at home. Please can anyone help? Thank you.

Last edited by angie1don on 14th January 2010, 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clearer title)

descriptioniPhone/router problem EmptyRe: iPhone/router problem

more_horiz
Hello,

Did you turn on MAC address filtering in your router settings?

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

iPhone/router problem Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
No, this is not enabled. Should it be?

more_horiz
Hello,

No, but it looks like a firewall in your router is blocking access to your phone. You could try resetting the router and see if it works.

............................................................................................

more_horiz
Is that just a case of turning it off and on? Thanks for your help by the way!

more_horiz
Hello,

No, to reset your router you have to press the tiny pin hole button usually at the back of your router.

more_horiz
I was at a wifi hotspot yesterday and my phone immediately connected to the web. Frustrating.
I'm loathe to reset my router as I'm worried I will lose my laptop connection too! Sweez don't exactly give a lot of instructions.

more_horiz
Doctor Inferno wrote:
Hello,

No, to reset your router you have to press the tiny pin hole button usually at the back of your router.

I have reset the router and unfortunately it has not made a difference.

more_horiz
Web browser not making connection to port 80 which is default port for making connection to websites.

FreeBooter
iPhone/router problem 1363

Co-Administrator

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum