WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionInternet Security 2010 and stuck on Welcome screen - Page 1 EmptyRe: Internet Security 2010 and stuck on Welcome screen

more_horiz
No luck, Avira didn't find anything, just a lot of warnings. Try re-booting, still the same problem, logging in and out in the loop. Any other suggestions?
Also, here's a picture of the mysterious penguins:
Internet Security 2010 and stuck on Welcome screen - Page 1 P1060412

Thanks!

descriptionInternet Security 2010 and stuck on Welcome screen - Page 1 EmptyRe: Internet Security 2010 and stuck on Welcome screen

more_horiz
Still haven't solved the problem.
After I found my XP disc, I thought I could go into the recovery console finally. BUT.... the keyboard stops responding when it gets to the selection screen (where it gives the choices of ENTER, R, or F3)
The keyboard would work until this point (I could see the lights blinking)

Any suggestion is appreciated!

more_horiz
bump

more_horiz
Hello.
Sorry, missed this post.

Do you have your original XP or Vista disc?

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Internet Security 2010 and stuck on Welcome screen - Page 1 DXwU4
Internet Security 2010 and stuck on Welcome screen - Page 1 VvYDg

more_horiz
I have the original XP disk. Don't know it makes a difference or not, but I honestly don't remember whether it's for this particular Dell computer or not?! The disk cover says SP1; but I think the computer's running on SP3.

I also have Dell's original disks; I'm actually running Dell's diagnostic from their recovery disk now, it's taking forever, so far the problem I've found is that the mouse doesn't work normally (whereas when I booted with XP disk, neither the keyboard nor the mouse would work after a certain point).

I'd tried to boot the computer using a BART PE recovery disk but that didn't work at all.

more_horiz
Dell's diagnostic tool didn't find anything, thought I could try to change the userini.exe that I'd read in the tutorial section when I saw the A:\> prompt... but it would not let me change to c: at all... what else can I try to get around this logon loop?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum