WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionIS2010 cannot execute any files/access web browser/run tskmgr/etc EmptyIS2010 cannot execute any files/access web browser/run tskmgr/etc

more_horiz
Hi,

I was unfortunate enough to have contracted Internet Security 2010.

I've spent the last three hours reading every single guide I can on removing it. Unfortunately they all tell me to download a program to get rid of it. It has blocked my access to all web browsers, I can't run task manager, it's blocked access to changing my system restore date. I cannot delete the IS2010 exe file, but can delete winlogon32, 41 and 18467 (all applications in the systems folder). I can also delete "warning" a firefox document it created.

I tried restarting my computer in safe mode with networking- same story. Since I can't stop the processes or 'end task' for IS2010, I can't access the internet or do anything else.

At this point I'm afraid if I shut down I will get the 'never ending loop' of not being able to login that everyone else has had.

I'm at my wits end here. Every guide tells me to download something, which I can't do. I am computer savvy enough that I understand the basics and can correctly follow instructions.

help!

descriptionIS2010 cannot execute any files/access web browser/run tskmgr/etc EmptyRe: IS2010 cannot execute any files/access web browser/run tskmgr/etc

more_horiz
Also, I hit one of the icons to purchase IS2010s update, and still cannot connect to the internet. Im currently running in safemode with networking, but Internet Explorer cant find a connection no matter what I do. Firefox does not display any sort of "cannot connect" message, it just displays a blank page in the window no matter what I do.

descriptionIS2010 cannot execute any files/access web browser/run tskmgr/etc EmptyRe: IS2010 cannot execute any files/access web browser/run tskmgr/etc

more_horiz
Please download the current version of HijackThis from HERE

• Double click and run the installer.
  • It will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\hijackthis.exe
  • After installing, you should get the user agreement, press accept and Hijack This will run.
  • Select Do a system scan and save a log file. This will open a notepad file of everything Hijack This found, copy and paste it back here.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
IS2010 cannot execute any files/access web browser/run tskmgr/etc DXwU4
IS2010 cannot execute any files/access web browser/run tskmgr/etc VvYDg

more_horiz
Unfortunately my computer crashed and had to be restarted. I was then treated to the log in/log out loop a lot of other people have been experiencing.

I used a rescue disk to try and delete the infected files. I tried one from and Avira and another from bitdefender, but cannot comment on how well they work as the computer is a dell and the resolutions never match up. The graphic interface is then way too big and I can't use them. I didn't have any problems with Kaspersky's rescue disk though, and was able to delete the files without booting windows. It found all the ones I originally found but could not rename or delete, plus a few more and deleted them.

I still have to fix the log in/log off loop though, which I'm told is caused by problems with changes in the registry. I was told I can just run a repair install with my XP disk, and it should fix the problem. Any thoughts?

more_horiz
Sounds like maybe a damaged userinit value in the registry. We can try BartPE to fix it, but give the repair install a try first.

............................................................................................

more_horiz
thanks, will update later on how it goes!

more_horiz
Okay, standing by.

more_horiz
Sorry bout the late response- repair install worked great, had to readjust some previous settings, but other than that- back up and running.

Thanks a lot!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum