WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionNTLDR is missing - PartitionMagic fatal error EmptyNTLDR is missing - PartitionMagic fatal error

more_horiz
Hi,

Last night I think I may have committed a fatal error - I installed partition magic to make a new partition on my external hard drive so that my xbox could use it for memory. Later on in the night someone in my room flickered the switch that powers the computer. The computer rebooted with a blue screen of death saying "unmountable boot disk", so I googled it and did what the first website told me to do. Now I am stuck at a new problem that has stumped me all day. The computer boots, doesn't even get to the WindowsXP loadout and says "NTLDR is Missing Press any key to restart", and that's all it does. I've tried a few various solutions such as copying the NTLDR files over with c:\ copy \i386\ntldr c:\ It said the copy was sucessful for the two files I copied but I reboot and it's still gone. I've used commands such as "fixboot" and "fixmbr". I've checked inside to make sure there are no loose connections. I do not want to reformat but if it is necessary then I will. Any help is appreciated.

descriptionNTLDR is missing - PartitionMagic fatal error EmptyRe: NTLDR is missing - PartitionMagic fatal error

more_horiz
make sur that the computer is trying to boot of that harddrive and not something else if that dose not work
try this
http://www.tinyempire.com/notes/ntldrismissing.htm
it worked for me when i got the same problem after imaging a computer
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum