WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionhighjack.windowsupdate - Page 1 EmptyRe: highjack.windowsupdate

more_horiz
The computer is running normally now and automatic updates are working again. Was the rootkit blocking updates? What are the security implications? Was there a keylogger? Should passwords be changed?

The computer belongs to a family member who uses BitTorrent occasionally but is unaware that limelight is present on the computer. How is it listed in the add/remove programs list. I know that DNA is BitTorrent. Will the add/remove program completely remove them?

The family member in question mainly uses YouTube but does download free software and videos. Do you have any tips on which sites should be avoided. Up to now Malwarebytes anti-malware was sufficient to remove malware up to now but rootkits are more serious.

Thank you very much for all your efforts in getting the computer clean again. Your promptness and efficiency are very much appreciated and I commend you for this great service. I am now a big supporter of this site; hopefully I won't have to use too often!

descriptionhighjack.windowsupdate - Page 1 EmptyRe: highjack.windowsupdate

more_horiz
Sorry, I can't say anything about really say which is safe, anything you download nowadays could be infected.

I think it was a rootkit, looks more like an old vundo rootkit though. Remove any leftover DNA/BitTorrent folders to remove the program.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
highjack.windowsupdate - Page 1 DXwU4
highjack.windowsupdate - Page 1 VvYDg
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum