WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionEndless loop cycle on bootup EmptyEndless loop cycle on bootup

more_horiz
Hi there. I have a real problem.

My computer wouldn't boot in safe mode, so I got out the Windows installation disk and ran a repair, following this site's instructions for "XP's No-Reformat, Nondestructive Total-Rebuild Option":
More: http://infoworld.com/news/...leID=189400897

I got through step 10, but that's as far as I could go. Now the computer won't boot up at all. It just cycles endlessly and flashes a split-second blue screen. I took a video of the screen flash and this is what it says:

“A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you’ve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press f8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select safe mode.

Technical information:

***STOP: 0x00000007E (0xc0000005, 0xF787n2n2, 0xF789548C, 0xF789618C)
*** FLTMGR.SYS = Address F7876262 base at F7865000”

Any ideas?

Edit- I should add that I can't start safe mode. It brings up an error "Windows XP Setup cannot run under Safemode. Setup will Restart now"

descriptionEndless loop cycle on bootup EmptyRe: Endless loop cycle on bootup

more_horiz
Hello,

If the repair won't work, I'm afraid you have to perform a full format or destructive recovery.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Endless loop cycle on bootup Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum