WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionBlack screen at startup EmptyBlack screen at startup

more_horiz
Hi. My computer a HP pavilion dv2700 with windows vista had been running rather slow when using the internet for a couple of days. Yesterday it all of a sudden rebooted and then about half an hour later it shut down and now when I start it up then it´s just a black screen. The fan is running and the LED-lights are on but I can´t access safe mode or anything.
I have done a "hard reset" where I remove the battery and push down the power button for a minute and then put the battery back and try again, without success. I have also tried to connect it to a external monitor without success.
Could it be a virus or something or is it a hardware problem?

Grateful for any possible help

descriptionBlack screen at startup EmptyRe: Black screen at startup

more_horiz
Hello,

Most probably a hardware issue. Did you hear and beep codes at boot up? It could be a graphics card failure.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Black screen at startup Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
no i have a black screen an i cant doing nothing what can i do

more_horiz
Hi,

You have hardware problem. Only way to fix problem - Visit the nearest PC Service and ask them for help. Probably Graphic Card overheat or RAM memory, they'll know what to do.

............................................................................................

Black screen at startup V45u80

more_horiz
yeah thanks alot i looked an my fan quit on my video card now im screwed

more_horiz
SORRY ITS NO HARDWARE IT SPYWARE AN TROJAN HORSE AN BACKDOOR USE Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware TO REMOVE AN FIXED I DONE IT AN NOW IM BACK THANKS TO NO HELP FROM GeekPolice its not a hardware problem

more_horiz
Hi, you probably still have malware.

Please read THIS post, open new topic in Virus, Spyware & Malware Removal forum and post your HijackThis log inside.

Wait for instructions given only by DragonMaster Jay, Origin or Belahzur

Black screen at startup V45u80

more_horiz
jswift450 wrote:
SORRY ITS NO HARDWARE IT SPYWARE AN TROJAN HORSE AN BACKDOOR USE Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware TO REMOVE AN FIXED I DONE IT AN NOW IM BACK THANKS TO NO HELP FROM GeekPolice its not a hardware problem

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. I had the same EXACT problem with my computer on friday and it turned out my graphics card decided to die on me. So I went out and purchased a new one and everything works out fine! Or at least it will when I get my new PSU.

Anyways, remove your graphics card and plug your monitor into the integrated graphics port. Then see what happens. That's what I have to do until my new PSU arrives tomorrow which I am really excited for!!! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum