WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionNo internet access after VOBFUS.A infection EmptyNo internet access after VOBFUS.A infection

more_horiz
Hello!

I work for a school district and we have experienced a large outbreak of the VOBFUS.A worm. In working on resolving the problem we have successfully removed the infected files from our test system and are now trying to resolve the issue of no access to internet from the previously infected user's profile.

So far we have reset the Winsock entries as well as the TCP/IP stack. We also ran the Winsock IP Fix program. nȯne of these appear to correct the problem. It is apparent that this problem is only with the current user profile. If we login as an administrative user we can access the internet etc. with no problems whatsoever. It seems as though we are 90% of the way to resolving this issue. All we need is the connectivity again.

If anyone out there has a suggestion on how to get the connectivity back on this user account we would be very appreciative.

Thank you in advance!
Rob

descriptionNo internet access after VOBFUS.A infection EmptyRe: No internet access after VOBFUS.A infection

more_horiz
Make sure you don't have a proxy set.

Remove the Proxy setting in Internet Explorer and/or in FireFox.

In Internet Explorer
  1. Tools Menu -> Internet Options -> Connections Tab ->Lan Settings > uncheck "use a proxy server" or reconfigure the Proxy server again in case you have set it previously.

In Firefox
  1. Tools Menu -> Options... -> Advanced Tab -> Network Tab -> "Settings" under Connection > Choose "No Proxy"
  2. Click the apply button and restart that computer in normal mode.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
No internet access after VOBFUS.A infection DXwU4
No internet access after VOBFUS.A infection VvYDg

descriptionNo internet access after VOBFUS.A infection EmptyRe: No internet access after VOBFUS.A infection

more_horiz
Yup, already got that taken care of. The only thing that is checked is to automatically detect. I even sifted through the registry for the user and compared it to that of a user that can access and found nothing that changed the behavior.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum