WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionCD-ROM Driver (Help Needed) EmptyCD-ROM Driver (Help Needed)

more_horiz
HI
My CD-ROM Driver is corrupted. Where on the internet
can I Go To download a new one? I am using Windows XP on a Dell demention 2400 computer. The driver is: HL-DT-ST CD-ROM GCR-8483B

Regards

descriptionCD-ROM Driver (Help Needed) EmptyRe: CD-ROM Driver (Help Needed)

more_horiz
Hey Tash05

Have you firstly tried going into the device manager and deleting the CD from there and then rebooting allowing Windows to redetect the drive and reload the driver itself?

alwayz Brksta86

............................................................................................

A BEND IN THE ROAD IS NOT THE END OF THE ROAD, UNLESS YOU FAIL TO MAKE THE TURN

more_horiz
Thanks for repling so quickly!

I did as you suggested and get this message: Windows cannot load the device driver. it may be corrupted or missing. (code 39

any otther ideas?????? still puzzled?????? 😕

Regards

more_horiz
HMMMMM!

The fact that the first method did not work means that there could be a problem in the registry.

Close anything that that you have running and then open up the registry:

On Start > Run type Regedit and press the Enter key.

Next, navigate to the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\ Control\Class\ {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Delete any of the following registry entries if they exist under this key:
LowerFilters
LowerFilters.bak
UpperFilters
UpperFilters.bak

Restart your PC and open My Computer to ensure that the CD-ROM drive is visible.

Be careful while working with the registry editor because changes done to the registry using the Registry Editor are irreversible and mistakes can leave you with more problems than when you started. 😢 Therefore, it's recommended that you make a backup of the registry before proceeding with the changes.

After you have removed the registry keys listed above, you will have to reinstall all applications that you use for CD or DVD recording to make them work properly.

Hope this helps a bit! please let us know Big Grin

Alwayz Brksta86

............................................................................................

A BEND IN THE ROAD IS NOT THE END OF THE ROAD, UNLESS YOU FAIL TO MAKE THE TURN

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum