WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWindows vista blank screen EmptyWindows vista blank screen

more_horiz
Hello. My windows vista goes blank after I enter the password. So I shift key my way in to the control panel and get on the internet. Now the blank screen occurs after 5 minutes. The task manager wont let me in. Im not very technical and I dont know if any programs will run if the screen keeps blanking out. Right now Im on a laptop. Any ideas would be appreciated. Annoyed or Unimpress

descriptionWindows vista blank screen EmptyRe: Windows vista blank screen

more_horiz
Hello,

Are you able to boot into safe mode by tapping F8 repeatedly at boot up?

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Windows vista blank screen Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
I tried but to no avail. The words safe mode appears in the 4 corners of the screen which is still black. Any other steps with safe mode? This is only happening on my desktop not my laptop. I appreciate your time.

more_horiz
Hello,

Try this: At the blank screen, launch Task Manager by entering Ctrl+Shift+Esc.

Select File >> New >> Explorer.exe

............................................................................................

more_horiz
Hello
Well ctrl shift esc does not work. Ctrl alt delete accesses the menu. It appears, but when start task manager is selected, the menu goes away and I am back to the blank screen. This occurs in both safe mode and normal startup. I can get into the control panel administrative tools for a few minutes before the screen goes blank again. I don't know if that has anything to do with the task manager. There are some errors listed in the event viewer. In summary, I dont know what Im doing. Thank you for your help.

more_horiz
If you can get into regedit, please remove this registry keys
Remove C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ntndis.exe from
KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Shell\explorer.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ntndis.exe

Windows vista blank screen V45u80

more_horiz
Hi. Under Winlogon, there is only GPExtensions no shell in the pathname.

more_horiz
Hello,

Your Windows is unbootable, we need to perform a repair of the OS. Do you have your Recovery CD? What is the brand of our computer?

more_horiz
HP Compaq Presario is the name. I cannot find my recovery CD, but I am looking. Is it possible to do a recovery without it. For some reason, when I go to Compaq Presario online help from the control panel and navigate from that page, the computer does not go black after 5 minutes. However, I still initially can't get on after login. I have tried bootrec /fixboot and bootrec /fixmbr in the command prompt. I also checked something with the value name in the system hive which was fine. My terminology may be incorrect. I restored back to an earlier date from system restore and tried the last known working configuration. So that is where I am. Anything else short of finding my CD. Thanks.

more_horiz
Hello,

Take a look at the instructions here:

http://www.geekpolice.net/tutorials-guides-f13/hp-compaq-system-recovery-hotkey-instructions-hp-pc-system-recovery-t7662.htm

Perform a non-destructive recovery or a repair to repair the damaged files in your OS.

more_horiz
Hi, F10 brings me to a screen entitled Phoenix Award BIOS CMOS setup Utility. I can't find anything about a nondestructive recovery. If there is such a thing on my computer, would it wipe everything out such as pictures, documents, etc. ? Thank you.

more_horiz
Hello,

Yes it would wipe out all your data.

more_horiz
Hello - finally found the recovery manager via F8 and repair computer. F11 would not let me in. Anyway everything is fine now and I'm in the process of restoring stuff. Incidentally, my computer did not come with a recovery cd. So thanks for all the help. Happy New Year. Claire13.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum