WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

How to Remove Antivirus Live [Removal Guide]

+62
ajsp6818
archie417
jolo53
nickz202
jeffkinla
Maddymaw
rivestr
missmissy234
Dr_Langly
Lukesdaddy08
rpoplaws
wurm1979
choynot
motherdawn
Chaserr
jdream
johannah
hayley
Mud Maniac
elcomer
bobcatkr6
hackboy99
ubazoul
idorego
samsnee
prayerwks247
jacqui583
Paul len
agent_606
Pleasehelpme
technette
lyfeworx
cookgirl29
echo1
redmen
Marisnsane1
dublin1062
danielthemanual1
Ladyhawk
ily_2
ghender
angusl
flairlive
marpac99
flip1234
jazaisha
ChaosImmortal
Kalakashi
shadowbakuraX
Jerry Steinhoff
Belahzur
Jamesruglia
inzo555
villageofcannibals
trout99
gm
Monsoon77
Muxiop
ChicagoTed
SDiioo
DRLANDIS
Doctor Inferno
66 posters

descriptionHow to Remove Antivirus Live [Removal Guide] - Page 1 EmptyRe: How to Remove Antivirus Live [Removal Guide]

more_horiz
mine keeps saying the run times out

descriptionHow to Remove Antivirus Live [Removal Guide] - Page 1 EmptyRe: How to Remove Antivirus Live [Removal Guide]

more_horiz
I have downloaded the anti-malware on one laptop and transferred it via a USB stick to my infected laptop and successfully removed the Antivirus live, but now when I open my browser I receive "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".
I sorted out the problem of being unable to open task manager by clicking "End Task" before Antivirus could pop up and close it, and I had the same problem whenever I tried to open IE then as well.

more_horiz
Kalakashi wrote:
I have downloaded the anti-malware on one laptop and transferred it via a USB stick to my infected laptop and successfully removed the Antivirus live, but now when I open my browser I receive "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".
I sorted out the problem of being unable to open task manager by clicking "End Task" before Antivirus could pop up and close it, and I had the same problem whenever I tried to open IE then as well.

Hello,

To fix the Internet connection problem, try this:

Hello,

• Now click on the Connections tab and then the Lan Settings button
  • Under the Proxy Server section, please uncheck the checkbox labeled Use a proxy server for your LAN.
  • Click the OK button to close this screen. Then press the Apply button and then the OK button to close the Internet Options screen. Now that you have disabled the proxy server you will be able to browse the web again with Internet Explorer.

Open CMD, Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults by typing: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults by typing: netsh int ip reset reset.log

Restart your PC.

If it doesn't work, download Winsock XP Fix from here, save it to your Desktop.
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html

Double click on the exe on your Desktop.
Press the "Fix" button, then restart again.

See if you can connect now.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

How to Remove Antivirus Live [Removal Guide] - Page 1 Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
This, unfortunately does NOT work for me. I went into Safe Mode with Networking, ran Rkill (I dont know if advertising is allowed) and than I ran Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (I already had it installed). Did a FULL scan and I removed 12 infected processes that were picked up. I restarted and booted up the desktop normally. Next thing you know, Antivirus Live is still there, warning me and terminating processes. Any help here? Got around 3-4 hours until my dad comes home and finds out I screwed the computer up like, the 5th time. Any help is greatly appreciated. (I just recently registered for this forum and I dont know if I have to make a seperate thread for this?)

more_horiz
Hello,

Open a new topic here: http://www.geekpolice.net/virus-spyware-malware-removal-f11/

We will help you from there.

............................................................................................

descriptionHow to Remove Antivirus Live [Removal Guide] - Page 1 EmptyAntivirus Live

more_horiz
When i go to restart in safemode it won't let me chose anything. It's like the keyboard is disabled and no of the keys work. What should I do now.

more_horiz
In my haste. I downloaded a similar version which was a rouge version looking for money and infecting the computer as well. There is a difference "Malwarebytes Anti Software" is the free one "Malwarebytes Pro" is bad news. The flag went up for me when it found 1500 errors!!!!
In fact M.A.S cleaned up the Pro version as a bonus after getting rid of Antivirus live. Saved me $39 as well.
I have AVG, PC tools registry Cleaner and Spybot Search and Destroy who are all powerless in stopping Antivirus Live. 3rd infection in two weeks. Hope this one works!!! I'll pay if it does.

descriptionHow to Remove Antivirus Live [Removal Guide] - Page 1 EmptyAntivirus Live

more_horiz
I followed your instructions for removing this insidious malware an they worked perfectly. Thank-you so much.

descriptionHow to Remove Antivirus Live [Removal Guide] - Page 1 EmptyI can't reboot in safe mode

more_horiz
I have the Anti Virus LIVE in my XP
Every time I tried to reboot in safe mode my keyboard doesn't work.
What should I do?

Doctor Inferno wrote:
ChicagoTed wrote:
am i really supposed to pay for the Anti-Malware? i have no way of paying for this

Hello,

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is free. Simply download and run it.

more_horiz
Another computer cleaned and infection free thankyou so much just saved me hours of heartache trying to get rid of this infection cleaned and back to normal in 10mins. Thanks again

more_horiz
I'm following your directions to get rid of Antivirus live, however, when I try to restart in safe mode by tapping F8 I just get a blank screen. Is there a work around for this or am I out of luck???

more_horiz
Well, I got the safe mode to work and downloaded your fix and..........IT WORKED!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!! No more %^$#(*& Antivirus live popups! Thank you so much! God Bless you and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

descriptionHow to Remove Antivirus Live [Removal Guide] - Page 1 Emptyit worked so good!!! geek police....thank you

more_horiz
IT WORKED I can't thank you enough and i'm sorry to the ones that couldn't get their computers fixed yet but hang in there...i promise you that it really worked otherwise i wouldn't be writing this...the only thing that i was confused Let me think on was if you needed to download malwarebytes' anti-malware before or after you began the process but go by the order the directions are in and it is fine...it didn't take no longer than 10mins. to get it completely done...i mean restart/safe mode/download (wait a few seconds before you can download, it is free)/clean up (i had 178 viruses completely removed)/back to normal mode/BROWSE!!!YAY!!
Hooray! Thank You! Honored

more_horiz
ANY news how to make my SAFE MODE work???

flairlive wrote:
What should I do?

Doctor Inferno wrote:
ChicagoTed wrote:
am i really supposed to pay for the Anti-Malware? i have no way of paying for this

Hello,

more_horiz
Flairlive, Is your keyboard faulty? Please try to using another keyboard.

descriptionHow to Remove Antivirus Live [Removal Guide] - Page 1 EmptyWhoa!

more_horiz
This is the first time I've ever caught something that I couldn't get rid of by the usual means. It literally took over my entire computer except internet usage, and even wouldn't let me go to other virus protection sites on the internet. I followed the removal instructions as best I could considering they were written for IE and not Mozilla, but it still worked like a charm. Thank you.

Thank You!

descriptionHow to Remove Antivirus Live [Removal Guide] - Page 1 Emptylife saver

more_horiz
this was the only site that made it easy for me to follow. im not computer illiterate but i usually have enough antiviruses to keep me from getting one but word of advise.... dont misspell facebook or myspace it ends bad sometimes

more_horiz
Worked like a charm in Safe Mode. I already had Malwarebytes installed on my husband's computer - BUT - as he's not updated it or run it lately (he'll get yet another tutorial and lecture!) this annoying software took over and wouldn't let me run the Malwarebytes.

Once again, Geek Police has saved countless hours of frustration. You guys are the best! Thank You!

more_horiz
Wow!! Thank you SO much! I normally couldn't get rid of these things if already put on here but this was so easy to understand, I actually managed! This worked perfectly Smile... thanks again!

Hooray!

more_horiz
Quick question.

If my desktop is set up where I have an admin partion (which has admin rights), and then a separate partion for myself, and the infected partion seems to only be the one for myself (which does not have admin rights), can I just go in as the admin, download the removal software and run it as the admin.

This assumes I am not logged on as myself, just the administrator.

I tried bring up the machine in safe mode and was having trouble.

Or am I missing something.

more_horiz
um . . . I tried it on safe mode and it says there was nothing, but the antivirus live thing is still there!

I did it on my computer normally and it get it but when it restarts it's still there. . .

the antivirus live is still there as the anti-malware scan is going and the scanning is the only thing i could control and nothing else on my pc

did i miss a step or did something wrong? or is there anything else to do to stop it?

more_horiz
For the folks who have their PC's set up with an administrator account and several non-administrator accounts, like me.

I got the problem as I was logged in as my user name (not the administrator), which does not have admin rights. The only user affected seemd to be me, the others and the administrator accounts were fine.

What I did was , I logged on as the administrator, I downloaded the software, and I ran it (all as the administrator), in regular mode. The malbytes software pick up and deleted several problems.

I then logged off as the administrator, and on as myself, I coudln't go on to the internet until I disabled the proxy lan setting check (see instructions from above), as this was left over from when the problem was created. Once I did this, I could get to the internet, and no move problems.

This is easier then dealing with safe mode, but it presupposed that you have multiple accounts.

Hope this helps

descriptionHow to Remove Antivirus Live [Removal Guide] - Page 1 Emptyantivirus live removal successful!

more_horiz
I followed your steps to remove that antivirus live and it really worked for me! Appreciate that! Thanks! Thank You!

more_horiz
flairlive wrote:
ANY news how to make my SAFE MODE work???

flairlive wrote:
What should I do?

Doctor Inferno wrote:
ChicagoTed wrote:

Hello,

The new Anti virus live has a fake F8 safe mode screen, so make sure you wait for the true windows safe mode screen or the virus will act like it's going into safe mode with the keyboard disabled.

Good Luck! We had this problem, but had to push F10 when the computer first started then F8.

Hope this helps.

Michael

more_horiz
You're advice was very comprehensible. The directions were simple to follow and very accurate. It works 100%! Thanks for the knowledge!

Two Thumbs up! Smile...

more_horiz
I downloaded Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. I couldn't use the Rapidshare download due to too many people using rapid share and I didn't have a premium account. I used the other link contained in the spoiler. The download went on fine but I can't open up Malwarebytes' now. When I click on it nothing happens. I have tried right clicking and running it as an Admin, right clicking and selecting open and going out of safemode to run it, but antivirus live stopped that one.

[Edit]: I tried logging onto another administrative account, seeing others have success with it. I am still having the same problem where Malwarebytes' won't load. I occasionally get a message from windows saying the program had stopped working and needs to close. I also have Malware Defense that is messing around too, but I found that forum and found the solution to be pretty much the same, run Malwarebytes'.

Last edited by Pleasehelpme on 3rd January 2010, 5:07 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Additional Info)

more_horiz
I have my mothers HP laptop that is infect with both antivirus live and internet security 2010. I don't know how she got these but she can barely turn a computer on let alone run a regular virus scan. Anyways, it's completely crippled the computer. I can't open in safemode, I can't open the control panel, I can't get on internet explorer, and everything I try to run, it closes. I can't even ctr+alt+delete. How can I manually get ride of this thing, I can even run the registry.

more_horiz
You guys are legends, it worked great. Thank You!

more_horiz
I am still looking for help to get my Malwarebytes' program to work.

more_horiz
I had to run the Anti-Malware twice, once in full scan, to completely remove the virus, but it worked. Thanks so much for the help; excellent site! Thank You!

more_horiz
Do I need to enable/disable something to allow Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to run while in safe mode? Everything I try to do to allow malwarebytes' to run doesn't work. Please help, I need to get my computer up and running before school starts up again.

more_horiz
Why does it take so long to get help at this site?

descriptionHow to Remove Antivirus Live [Removal Guide] - Page 1 EmptyThank YOU!!!

more_horiz
Hi Smile... I got the AntiVirus Live virus last night. I found your website and free service this morning. From work, I downloaded the file to my flash drive, since my laptop was at home totally messed up. Your directions were awesome...easy to follow...and my laptop is fixed, as I am typing this to you NOW on it. Thank you SOOOOO much!

descriptionHow to Remove Antivirus Live [Removal Guide] - Page 1 EmptyThanks so much!

more_horiz
You guys are awesome! Worked like a charm after a half hour of frustration at this stupid thing.

more_horiz
I was able to download the malwarebytes off your link, and ran the simple scan in safe mode. Now, computer will not boot at all. Tried hitting f8 during boot, and screen just goes blank/black now. tried everything to get it back, but no avail. Any suggestions? Did I miss something? Oh, one more thing, keyboard seems to be disabled after the initial startup screen.
Running xp pro sp2.

Thanks

Last edited by idorego on 10th January 2010, 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add information)

descriptionHow to Remove Antivirus Live [Removal Guide] - Page 1 EmptyCRASH!!!

more_horiz
Thanks for all of the help! I ran my laptop in safe mode and downloaded the software but now when I try to open it my laptop shuts down. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks again!

more_horiz
Wow, this works!!!! I hope they find the people responsible for Antivirus Live and put them in jail. Thank you so much for your wonderful work here.

more_horiz
Oh man, thank-you so much! this is a life savior!

more_horiz
Thank you sooo Much - this has worked brilliantly!! Phew!

more_horiz
Mud Maniac says Thank you . Antivirus Live appears to be completely removed . It was an adventure but everything seems to be back to normal .

descriptionHow to Remove Antivirus Live [Removal Guide] - Page 1 Emptyremoval of antivirus live

more_horiz
Was not very hopeful at first as seemed like this virus was taking over, tried to install software recommended if you leave too long the virus kicks in quickly, so restarted then went through instructions again. very pleased with results, virus gone. 10 out of 10.
Thanks

descriptionHow to Remove Antivirus Live [Removal Guide] - Page 1 EmptyAntivirus live removal

more_horiz
Thank you geek police. the instructions u gave me worked. it really did have my computer hostage and couldnt do anything. Yall are awesome

descriptionHow to Remove Antivirus Live [Removal Guide] - Page 1 Emptythank u

more_horiz
I was looking everywere to get rid of antivirus live off my computer , I Called best buy they said it would cost me $199 to remove it , I'm so happy I found this site ,my computer is working better than ever , Im so happy , thank u for ]creating a site like this , I will be sharing this site with everyone I knw.

descriptionHow to Remove Antivirus Live [Removal Guide] - Page 1 EmptyInternet on the safemode?

more_horiz
my computer wont go online with the safemode, i followed all the steps correctly.. help!

descriptionHow to Remove Antivirus Live [Removal Guide] - Page 1 EmptyThanks!

more_horiz
This antivirus live had me in tears/panic! Your walkthrough was WONDERFUL and I had to create an account to thank you for this! Big Grin

more_horiz
YES!!!! Thank YOU! IT WORKED!!!! Glad to find the info and it solves the problem in 10 minutes!!!!!! Thank You!

descriptionHow to Remove Antivirus Live [Removal Guide] - Page 1 Emptyantivirus live removal

more_horiz
Thank You! Thank You!

It worked so far! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

descriptionHow to Remove Antivirus Live [Removal Guide] - Page 1 EmptyTHANKS!

more_horiz
Got this stupid malware, totally crippled my dad's computer.... He was really pissed. I found this forum, we followed the instructions and it worked flawlessly! Thanks alot!

descriptionHow to Remove Antivirus Live [Removal Guide] - Page 1 EmptyWay to go!!!

more_horiz
Just had to register to say thank you, thank you, thank you. Doctor Inferno.... YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER, not to mention the savior of my sanity..... I fought this blasted bug for 4 hrs before finding this site and fixing it in 30 minutes time.... The quick scan yielded only 6 infections, restarted and tried again still had the Antivirus Live, went back to safe mode ran the full scan, restarted and it was gone still had to uncheck the "connect using a proxy server" but it worked, my computer is now virus free and working probably faster than ever. Once again THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!! Hooray! Thank You! Hooray! Thank You! Cheesy Grin (sparkly Cheesy Grin (sparkly Cheesy Grin (sparkly

more_horiz
Dear Doctor Inferno:

Dr. Langly here, in dire need of an XP machine in my possession to be rid of this horrible Antivirus Live malware. I've tried everything. Im an avid computer tech myself, however i've been looking all over for information and you seem like you can help me.

I've already backed up most documents just in case. I have attempted to run malwarebytes in safemode but it wont start due to the 'vbAccelerator SGrid II Control' run-time error '0'. It is then followed by a Malwarebytes '440' Automation Error. I've never seen such errors and google has nothing really solved about this issue. This is my last attempt at fixing this machine before i have to wipe everything. Im hoping it wont come to that.

Please help!!!

Thank you Sad tearing

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum