WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionAntivirus System Removal Pro Shut down IE EmptyAntivirus System Removal Pro Shut down IE

more_horiz
I was infected by the BS spyware program recently, and I got rid of it by using Malwarebytes, Spyware Doctor, and manual deletion of registry. One thing I noticed while infected was that it shut down my internet explorer so I could not get online help. I was lucky that it did not shut down Firefox however, so I used that to download the tools I need. I got rid of the virus, but internet explorer is still disabled, as everytime I run it, it takes me to the page where it says the webpage cannot be displayed. I ran diagnostic test, and HTTP and other things were being blocked. How do I free it up?
thx.

descriptionAntivirus System Removal Pro Shut down IE EmptyRe: Antivirus System Removal Pro Shut down IE

more_horiz
Please download ComboFix Antivirus System Removal Pro Shut down IE Combofix from BleepingComputer.com

Alternate link: GeeksToGo.com

Alternate link: Forospyware.com

Rename ComboFix.exe to commy.exe before you save it to your Desktop
  • Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools A guide to do this can be found here
  • Click Start>Run then copy paste the following command into the Run box & click OK "%userprofile%\desktop\commy.exe" /stepdel
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console

Antivirus System Removal Pro Shut down IE Query_RC
Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:
Antivirus System Removal Pro Shut down IE RC_successful

• Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.
  • When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the contents of C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

descriptionAntivirus System Removal Pro Shut down IE EmptyRe: Antivirus System Removal Pro Shut down IE

more_horiz
Ty but some complications occured while trying to install. In the end, I just reset all internet explorer preferences and data and it started working again. The only thing I'm worried about is that the block is still there but in waiting.

more_horiz
Please start Internet Explorer, and when the program is open, click on the Tools menu and then select Internet Options.
  • Now click on the Connections tab and then the Lan Settings button
  • Under the Proxy Server section, please uncheck the checkbox labeled Use a proxy server for your LAN. Then press the OK button to close this screen. Then press the Apply button and then the OK button to close the Internet Options screen. Now that you have disabled the proxy server you will be able to browse the web again with Internet Explorer.

Then, post a log when ready.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum