WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionUnremovable Wallpaper "YOUR SYSTEM IS INFECTED" EmptyUnremovable Wallpaper "YOUR SYSTEM IS INFECTED"

more_horiz
The message states:
YOUR SYSTEM IS INFECTED!
System has been stopped due to a serious malfunction.
Spyware activity has been detected.
It is recommended to use spyware removal tool to preven data loss.
Do not use the computer before all spyware is removed.

My computer has been attacked by "Antivirus Pro" countless times, and thankfully, MBAM was able to remove it when all other programs failed.

This time, Antivirus Pro came back and I quickly ran MBAM to remove it before any damage could have occured. On average, a full scan from MBAM on my computer can take from 6-11 hours for my computer because it is a family computer with many accounts. I could not wait for those hours to pass because I had work to be done on the computer and my family would be anything but pleased to see that the virus had appeared on the computer, again.

So, as soon as MBAM finished scanning my account, I aborted the scan and removed all the infected objects that it had found, it was approximately 60 infected objects. After restarting the computer as asked from the program, I found out that the malicious wallpaper still stands there, at this very moment. I'm currently running a complete MBAM scan without any plans on aborting the scan, but it's not detecting any infected objects.

When I restarted my computer, at first, I saw my real wallpaper, but there were no signs of my desktop icons for a good minute and when they appeared, so did the unremovable wallpaper.

Also, I'm not sure if this is relevant to my current wallpaper problem, but when I open Google, the icons "Web Images Videos Maps News Books Gmail more [...] etc." take a while to load, and they appear after approximately 30 seconds of wait.

Thank you very much for your time and help.

descriptionUnremovable Wallpaper "YOUR SYSTEM IS INFECTED" EmptyRe: Unremovable Wallpaper "YOUR SYSTEM IS INFECTED"

more_horiz
Please download ComboFix Unremovable Wallpaper "YOUR SYSTEM IS INFECTED" Combofix from BleepingComputer.com

Alternate link: GeeksToGo.com

Alternate link: Forospyware.com

Rename ComboFix.exe to commy.exe before you save it to your Desktop
  • Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools A guide to do this can be found here
  • Click Start>Run then copy paste the following command into the Run box & click OK "%userprofile%\desktop\commy.exe" /stepdel
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console

Unremovable Wallpaper "YOUR SYSTEM IS INFECTED" Query_RC
Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:
Unremovable Wallpaper "YOUR SYSTEM IS INFECTED" RC_successful

• Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.
  • When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the contents of C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

descriptionUnremovable Wallpaper "YOUR SYSTEM IS INFECTED" EmptyRe: Unremovable Wallpaper "YOUR SYSTEM IS INFECTED"

more_horiz
Thank you for your help, but MBAM was finally able to find the infected objects. There were only found after 11 hours of scanning and were successfully removed.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your advice.

more_horiz
Thanks for letting us know.

=>Solved

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum